Shared notebook tags not syncing

mikemcfarlane

Idea

Hi

I have shared a number of notebooks with another user. The notebooks and notes sync fine but all the tags do not seem to have synced. I would like for her to add tags to the notes she adds to the shared notebooks. The tags already exist in the shared notebook and she can see those tags in the notes I have added. But when she tries to add any of my existing tags to her new notes it gives an error about the notebook must already contain the tags and her tags disappear.

I can find plenty grumbling in the forums about not being able to add tags to shared notebook but nothing about tags not syncing. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

8 replies to this idea

Hi Jackolicious, thanks for the reply.

We are using the most recent Mac clients. I did submit a support ticket but as you can see I was having trouble adequately describing the problem to differentiate it from the normal questions about tags in shared notebooks so the answer I got didn't help.

In the end I used AppCleaner to remove the app, the preference files and all Evernote data from her Mac then reinstalled and resynced her account and she can now add any tag that I have already created.

Hi there,

I am having the same issue but in the web client.

The fix above didn't work form me - any suggestions?

The user with premium account shared a notebook with me (I am not premium user).

The notes sync fine but the tags do not seem to have synced - I can not see tags in shared notebook.

I am sure the tags already exist in the shared notebook but simply I can not see nor use it...

Thanks,

Boris

Hi there,

I am having the same issue but in the web client.

The fix above didn't work form me - any suggestions?

The user with premium account shared a notebook with me (I am not premium user).

The notes sync fine but the tags do not seem to have synced - I can not see tags in shared notebook.

I am sure the tags already exist in the shared notebook but simply I can not see nor use it...

Thanks,

Boris

I have the exact same issue, but am the premium user sharing my notebooks with this. Getting tags to sync is quite important to me, if anyone's found a solution to this I'd really appreciate it being posted. Thanks!

What is the status of this topic? 

I seem to encounter this problem :

- I have a notebook (mac, online, iPad) with tags

- I share this notebook with my wife

- She sees the notes, but not the tags (online nor iPad)

This kind of kills the usefulness of sharing for me...

Any comments?

Thanks

Luc (I am a premium and business user)

According to Jackolicious, if it is not working, put in a Support Ticket.

Also keep in mind, the OP did a re-install of Evernote and it fixed the problem.  See his post above on what he did to fix it.  

Archived