BayRidge

web (Archived) Password protect a folder?

3 posts in this topic

I can't believe this isn't possible. Evernote has been around forever and still hasn't been able to make this simple change. I have been holding up on getting premium until I see more features, the most important to me being the ability to password protect a single folder. I would buy it immediately and I believe many others would if password protecting notes and notebooks, especially notebooks, were available.

I'm sure everyone is like myself in that they have dozens of userids and passwords to sites, etc. Keeping all this in a single notebook that is secure would be a big help in managing them. You could look them up any time, anywhere if they were on Evernote. Thanks.

You can password protect note text in the desktop clients (Mac & Windows), but I don't think that this is available in the web or mobile clients (I don't see it on the web nor do I see how to do it on the Android client). You can decrypt and view the encrypted content on the web and mobile clients, though.

Encrypting a notebook or a whole note is a feature that gets asked for sometimes; Evernote hasn't seen fit to provide that capability, at least so far.

I'm sure everyone is like myself in that they have dozens of userids and passwords to sites, etc. Keeping all this in a single notebook that is secure would be a big help in managing them. You could look them up any time, anywhere if they were on Evernote. Thanks.

Best option is to use a true password manager such as Roboform, Lastpass, Splashid, etc.