Change the size of Stamps?

RyanMT3

Idea

The "Tool Size" feature seems to have no effect on the size of stamps. I am trying to markup screenshots of charts and graphs, and since the stamps are set to an obnoxiously large size, it makes it virtually impossible to use them in this way. They would be an awesome tool for what I'm trying to do (e.g., making flashcards with the "?" stamp) but until I can make them a lot smaller it's just not going to happen =/

Is there a way to change the size of stamps?

(If not, there definitely ought to be!)

Thanks!

• Like 3

42 replies to this idea

@RyanMT3 - There are some technical and design reasons why we do not allow for stamp resizing at this time. As we continue to evolve the stamp tool, we'll look into variable sizes. 

• Like 1

I use the Moleskine notebook, with document camera. You'd think this would be a GREAT way to mark-up the "pages" that you capture. However, it is not. The "sticker" takes up about 1/4 of the entire page (when I edit on my tablet).  Just making this small change would make Evernote many times more usable for me (as I'm sure it would for MANY other users).

January 12, 2016 33244 PM CST.jpg

• Like 1

Given there has been no further discussion here, I'm going to assume there is no active development on this issue. I manage a software development team, so I know all about development priorities and timelines. However, I think Evernote is running the risk of releasing half-baked features just for the marketing splash and not delivering on basic functionality. I have been a Premium user for years and have seen this in various forms across the platform.

If you offer annotations to PDF's baked into the client, you need to offer basic features like resizing stamps. It's OK to end up with this as a missed requirement. It's not OK to not address it at all for more than two years after it was noted and reported. I happen to agree with Evernote's direction of phasing out products like Clearly, Hello, and Skitch (ironic, on this one though) so they can focus on core experience. Well, it's time to focus on this core experience - get your annotation engine up to snuff please.

I have just gone premium solely for this feature -which is currently unusable.

Why ? *** I am a teacher developing 'digital marking' in which I wish to use ever note to scan the kid's exercise books - let's say their literacy books - and annotate over the top using text from keyboard shortcuts that I program in, or speech to text. The stamps are the depth of 4 lines of writing when my android snaps an A4 page of their work.  ***

This would be huge for the tens of thousands of ever note teachers or would be ever note teachers. If the stamps were smaller!?

Four years have passed since this topic was first posted. That's the length of an American presidency! That's how long it takes to get a degree. A baby born on the day this topic was brought up is now speaking clearly, using complex sentences.

What could *possibly* explain four years to let users change the size of these ridiculously large stamps?

• Haha 1

It is somewhat bemusing that this problem persists after such a long time. The annotation feature of evernote became completely useless to me a long time ago largely due to this and lack of other improvements to keep pace with competition WRT annotating images/documents. In the time this has been a blocker issue for my use of evernote for annotation I've seen a few GUI redesigns which haven't provided any benefit that I have noticed, and no other useful new feature. Where is evernote's focus if it isn't on core issues like a functional image annotation tool?

• Like 1

To those who are coming here and posting "+1", please, use the arrow to "upvote" this thread instead. This is how they are checking the most valuable ideas/suggestions on improvements.

I'm seeing there are only 9 upvotes so far. Please, help this suggestion be heard!  :)

The stamps should just be removed as a feature if this problem can't be solved. Literally, this is aids. How can it be that hard to have the stamps be adjustable by sizing the diameter of the blue ring that appears around stamps when editing...like is the problem that when you size the photos out of annotating mode? The stamps should stay in there center-point place and increase or decrease in size just like any other annotation in the picture would. Can't believe this has been a problem for six years now! It takes six years to design a satellite! Like what in the world are you guys doing? There are 325 employees at Evernote, 168 of them are software engineers...I am just confused. Could you please clarify what the central struggle of this programming challenge is so maybe the community could help solve it or something? Or is it something like you don't believe that what happens to @JerryHanel happens often enough that it is a problem? No, it is embarrassing, I promise. 

-Loyal Evernote User for over 7 years (:

+1 ... in the meantime you can double click on it to open in preview, then annotate, add text box, insert symbol, search for tick, then scale using font size, copy and paste the tick everywhere you need it. Save (as copy since evernote doesn't permit direct anymore) and then finally replace the PDF/image with the one you edited in preview.