Feature Request: Win + A on browser adds source URL

I find the Win + A hot key to save the selected text to a note is very useful. What would make it even better is if the "source URL" could automatically be populated if one uses the hot key in a browser. That way, one could always refer back to the source article (without having to manually copy/paste the URL each time).

I find the Win + A hot key to save the selected text to a note is very useful. What would make it even better is if the "source URL" could automatically be populated if one uses the hot key in a browser. That way, one could always refer back to the source article (without having to manually copy/paste the URL each time).

Why not use one of the web clippers? They already do this.

Thanks for the reminder. I thought of that but for some reason the web clipper wouldn't let me clip the selected text. I think I had selected text from a PDF at the time (viewing a PDF in the Chrome web browser) and maybe the web clipper just can't access the text selected in the PDF view in the browser.

In my experience, this does happen. Using Win + A with Chrome/Firefox/IE appears to populate the source url field for me.

What version of Evernote are you using?

In my experience, this does happen. Using Win + A with Chrome/Firefox/IE appears to populate the source url field for me.

Maybe he (and BurgersNFries) has´nt found the URL-field.

x42k.png

Maybe he (and BurgersNFries) has´nt found the URL-field.

awi.png

I'm very aware of that field & use it often.  But I never use the scenario OP does.

Hi There,

Thanks for the thorough responses and images. I did some more testing and it appears that the URL isn't populated when viewing a PDF in the browser, but it is populated for other web pages. I just happened to try it out on PDFs each time and got unlucky.

Archived