Evernote for Windows won't start

Hi. After installing latest version (Windows) I've tried several times to start Evernote by clicking on its icon - but it just showed an error windows saying that I need to have active internet connection to login. But I'm surely online. I've attached a logfile. From it I can assume that Evernote just can't connect to its server. Any solutions on this?

AppLog_2013-07-01.txt

• Level 5*

Hmmn.

Restart your computer. Try again.

Check your IE settings (even if you don't normally use it) can you get online to Google?  If not,  fix it and try again.

Make sure Evernote is closed down - including any system tray icons.

Back up your database - export any local-only notes to a separate file.

Use Revo uninstaller to remove your current Evernote and reinstall.

try again.

-or submit a ticket (see below) and wait for Support to get back to you...

Hi. After installing latest version (Windows) I've tried several times to start Evernote by clicking on its icon - but it just showed an error windows saying that I need to have active internet connection to login. But I'm surely online. I've attached a logfile. From it I can assume that Evernote just can't connect to its server. Any solutions on this?

Do you have IE in offline mode?  This thread may be related (I don't know for sure):

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/37059-evernote-cant-sync-bc-internet-explorer-is-in-offline-mode/

That is really strange because I am using Linux operating system and it opens with no problem. Well type evernote into the google box and see if it opens from there because that's what I do and I keep it open for at least a week without having to login in again.

• 1 year later...

I haven't updated anything lately - but the evernote app isn't working all of a sudden.  I can access my account by logging in to the web - but the app won't launch from my desktop.  I use Windows 8.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!  I would uninstall and reinstall - but am concerned it will somehow delete all my notes....  it probably won't, but I have been unpleasantly surprised by things in the past, and thought I would ask first! 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your Evernote database should be stored here - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases

Find that folder and copy the whole thing to your desktop just in case,  then uninstall Evernote,  restart your computer and reinstall.  Nothing should happen to your notes,  but if it does,  just copy that folder back to the same place and you'll have your old system back.

Good luck!

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem on my Samsung, windows 8.1 phone.  It works fine on iPad, Windows 8.1 laptop but when I click on it for the phone, it just says loading and never loads.  I have uninstalled it ( didn't lose anything) reinstalled it but it still happens.  Now it made me change my password, I like the concept of the product but cannot use it if it will not work on the phone.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.  Samsung do not make a "Windows 8.1 phone"...

Sure?

The Samsung ATIV SE is a Windows Phone 8.0 device released in mid-April exclusively on Verizon Wireless. The phone is a continuation of the ATIV series from Samsung, and builds off of the same themes and designs of previous ATIV’s including the ATIV S (2012) and ATIV S Neo (2013). It launched with Update 3 of the Windows Phone 8.0 OS.

The ATIV SE is the first Windows Phone 8 device from Samsung with a full 1080P display and the first Windows Phone overall to feature an IR Blaster (so that the phone can act as a remote for TV or cable box). It’s also the first high-end Windows Phone to forgo a dedicated camera button, instead making the user rely on an application to launch.

The phone features an impressive 13 MP rear camera, 2600 mAh replaceable battery, a 5-inch 1080P AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 3 and a 2.3 GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 800 CPU. It also has 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage and a micro SD expansion slot for more memory.

http://www.windowscentral.com/ativ-se

• Level 5*

Wow - I sit corrected!  Didn't see that one.. so OK @eeyore46 - what version of Evernote did you install?  If this is running WP software you're probably better off talking to Evernote Support;  we don't have many contributors here on that OS...  that I'm aware of...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Evernote does run on Vista - or did;  haven't used my old laptop in quite some time.  The installed version has more features than the web version,  but if it works for you...

Edit:  one drawback of using the web version exclusively - you have no local copy of your database.  Search 'backups' in the forum for some views on the need for that...

• 1 year later...

Archived