antpugh

windows Recurring reminders

111 posts in this topic

If you could add this feature, it would make my life complete!!!!

So it would be a reminder/alarm at a regular period ie. every Monday at 10am, the last day of each month, every day at midday etc. etc.

8 people like this

+1 here - if there's an option for 'last Tuesday' or 'first Monday' that would be great!  :)

3 people like this

+1

Another idea: understanding natural language (in 1 week, in 2 weeks, in 1 year, ...)

1 person likes this

+1 here as well.

Having the ability to do more with one product is more and more important.  Yes there are other apps that can do reminders and alerts, but it is not a stretch for evernote to provide this.

1 person likes this

+1

The first full moon of the month would be helpful.

2 people like this

I'd like to associate tags with recurring reminders. That would be awesome. Tag a note 'every Monday' and automagically you get a reminder every Monday.

3 people like this

This would be a great idea. Adding reminders was a great step forward, but it's a little surprising that this wasn't included from the beginning. Allowing recurrent reminders would be a very natural step.

4 people like this

+1

With recurrent reminders, I can ditch OmniFocus for good.  Please add this feature to all platforms!

Thanks!

+1 - this feature would be a complete godsend!  :)

I had a look at the QEver app, its nearly there, but you can't use Notes already created in Evernote... which is a bit of a pain. I'm currently using an app called Due on iOS which works great, and so I think I'm gonna stick with that until Evernote steps in with our feature requests!!!!!

I also really need recurring reminders. I was going to ask for the ability to set reminders on the Windows interface, but I see that that feature will be released soon. Thanks:-)

Also, one minor irritant with the reminders is that if I have several of them waiting for my attention in my notification shade (Android - Jellybean), and I must turn the phone off and then on again, the reminders do not reappear there. The other reminder app I was using before always made sure that if I rebooted the phone while there were still reminders unaddressed, that they would ding at me again and patiently wait their turn in the notifications as soon as the phone turned back on. As it is now with Evernote, if I must reboot, those reminders have the potential to be forgotten and buried.

But overall... THANK THANKS THANKS for a wonderful product! Evernote makes my life so much more productive.

+1!

This would make Evernote THE app. The only thing you'd need apart from the OS and a web browser to make your pc functional.

..and a spreadsheet, a music/ video player, a photo library,  a backup service...

1 person likes this

I just signed up for the premium service. Evernote is the best kept secret in the mobile world IMO.

Recurring tasks would be awesome. I would also like to suggest the following:

1) Persistent reminders for overdue tasks

2) Option to regenerate tasks "after completed" rather than on a fixed cycle. If I had a task to wash my car last Friday, and I didn't get to it until today, I'd like the next alarm to be X days from today, not the original due date.

I suggest you take a look at Google Tasks Organizer, which is what I currently use, and it syncs with Google Tasks. I'd love to move all my tasks to Evernote, and will do so as soon as the functionality described above is available.

Thank you for making this great app and for your continued support for new features on Android.

3 people like this

Yes, please recurring reminders. It's the only thing keeping me from stopping to use my existing To Do app. 

Plus, I will sign up for another year if you get it out! Yay!

Sadly Evernote are impervious to bribery,  not to mention ambush, attack, barrage, battery, belligerency, blackmail, condemnation, denunciation, flattery, incursion, invasion, maltreatment, mishandling, mistreatment, molestation, opposition, oppugnation, resistance, or violence.  However they do improve things with time,  so we can all hope...  Besides waiting is much cheaper than any of the alternatives and involves rather less effort.

:P

3 people like this

Gazumped, you forget imploring, pleading, praying, gentle hinting, subtle praise, or any other mild approach!

4 people like this

The Forums do mild? - you learn something new every day.... :P

1 person likes this

recurring reminders would be perfect!  every week (multiple days options), every month (day # of the month and things like 2nd Saturday of the month) would be really helpful!

2 people like this

Don't forget the annual reminders!

2 people like this

+1 

Please! Add this feature! It will be complete! 

PS: Premium Member Here!

1 person likes this

+1

This would really help me!

Also a premium member...

1 person likes this

Recurring reminders are much needed, indeed, and quite straightforward to implement ;-)

Please!

1 person likes this