Skitch and DP of Mavericks

TigerMe

Idea

Skitch (installed from MAS or from web) doesn't work on the latest DP of Mavericks.  I have issues logging in (it sends the code to my phone, i enter it and then it just sits there) and if I can log in, I can't get the crosshairs to come up and actually take a screen shot.

Is this a known issue?  Any workarounds?

18 replies to this idea

Same here... App loads. Login. Password. 2 factor and back to login-password. Rince and repeat.

Come on, even if Maverick is in beta (6th release), this can't be something that complicated to look into. Install Maverick on a machine. Install the Mac App Store version of Skitch. Replicate (or not). Debug and fix...

We are continuing to monitor and test with the Mavericks betas as they come out. Oddly enough we're getting some reports of Skitch working without an significant issues and others were it does not.

@mrapplegate - When you say "broken" can you load Skitch at all? If so, what features aren't working?

It loads. Then wants me to log in. I do. Then a second window wants my two factor authentication code. I enter it and get kicked back to the log in window.

We are continuing to monitor and test with the Mavericks betas as they come out. 

Joe - Have you checked the 3rd party apps section of the Mavericks discussions? There are postings there that explain the problems we're having.

I think Mavericks related issues shouldn't really be posted here.

We are continuing to monitor and test with the Mavericks betas as they come out. Oddly enough we're getting some reports of Skitch working without an significant issues and others were it does not. 

@mrapplegate - When you say "broken" can you load Skitch at all? If so, what features aren't working?

To be honest it is working stellar for me (latest beta 2.6.2). Are you using the MAS version? It would be behind. The latest from the website WORKS!

Hmm I'm not using a beta. That might be my problem. I'm using the latest MAS version. No luck for me.

I'm confused. Skitch 2.6.2 isn't beta. And, it's broken on multi-screen environments for me.

We are still working on gathering bugs and watching development. Since we do not know when Mavericks will ship (other than "Fall"), it is hard for us to determine whether some of these bugs will be resolved on their own, or if they need to be fixed in Skitch. We know of several that are directly related to Mavericks itself and have logged those issues with Apple so they can make the fix that will enable some Skitch functions to work.

Thanks for your help Joe. We all know the risks running developer previews. Sometimes things just won't work until the release.

We are still working on gathering bugs and watching development. Since we do not know when Mavericks will ship (other than "Fall"), it is hard for us to determine whether some of these bugs will be resolved on their own, or if they need to be fixed in Skitch. We know of several that are directly related to Mavericks itself and have logged those issues with Apple so they can make the fix that will enable some Skitch functions to work. 

@TigerMe - While Apple has released Mavericks for testing and development, the current versions are still very much under development with a lot of code moving around. We are aware there are bugs being generated which may or may not have to do with Skitch or possibly Mavericks itself. 

Skitch worked fine under Mavericks Beta 1 (some UI issues), but under Mavericks Beta 2, some more elements stopped working, while others started working. This is true of iOS 7. We're currently logging these issues and will investigate them and resolve any as Mavericks starts to settle down and we begin actively supporting that OS. Until Apple gets closer to a final build its hard for us to determine where the problem truly lies.

Hi Joe,

Now that we have hit the 5th Developer Preview, is there active development on fixing Skitch? I tried installing the website version and activating the beta download and it told me I was on 2.6 (the latest). Is there a Mavericks friendly DMG ready yet?

@TigerMe - While Apple has released Mavericks for testing and development, the current versions are still very much under development with a lot of code moving around. We are aware there are bugs being generated which may or may not have to do with Skitch or possibly Mavericks itself. 

Skitch worked fine under Mavericks Beta 1 (some UI issues), but under Mavericks Beta 2, some more elements stopped working, while others started working. This is true of iOS 7. We're currently logging these issues and will investigate them and resolve any as Mavericks starts to settle down and we begin actively supporting that OS. Until Apple gets closer to a final build its hard for us to determine where the problem truly lies.

Archived