Using Siri

shekala

Idea

12 replies to this idea

The short answer is no.

The slightly more helpful answer is you can work around the first one - if you've added your Evernote email address in your contact list, you can ask Siri to email Evernote, and dictate a note.

As there's currently no way for developers to add their own functionality to Siri, the second one isn't possible yet. I can't even think of a workaround for that one.

As there's currently no way for developers to add their own functionality to Siri, the second one isn't possible yet. I can't even think of a workaround for that one.

I'm not a developer, so In have no idea what it took, but Omnifocus seemed to be able to get the siri --> tasks  --> Omnifocus thing down fairly well

Scott

There are iPhone apps/services which connect the iPhone's default note taking app with your Evernote account. That way, you can use Siri's note related commands to create Evernote notes. There's also (limited!) Siri search capability ("Show notes about X").

One of those apps is iNote Sync. I tested it about 18 months ago, and it worked well at the time. Notes end up in an extra (special) Evernote notebook called "iNote". Not a show-stopper for me. However, I was underwhelmed with Siri's capabilities and reliability, and stopped using Siri for this. Once in a while, I still take quick, temporary notes in the iPhone note taking app (without using Siri), and, if the information ends up being not quite so temporary, it's available in Evernote.

Can't get it to work...makes a note ok in Notes under my gmail acct, but doesn't show up in evernote

So you can see the notes in Gmail – for example if you were in your Gmail in a web browser the notes show up there?  And then you have also waited a few minutes for the note to be sent to Evernote?  (I think the official time frame IFTTT states is ~ 15 minutes.)

Are you also using the same Gmail account for IFTTT and iOS Notes?

Archived