How to export or email unsynced audio recordings

I use the free version of Evernote on my iPad. I have four months of audio recordings stored that I now realize are not synced. I do not want to lose these recordings. I tried using email but it does not work since it also gives me a sync error. What options do I have to get the content out of Evernote?

• Level 5*

Can you drag the recorded file(s) out of the note and into an email?  Or better yet into DropBox or some such?

I'd strongly suggest you send in a support request (see below) to get your Evernote syncing too!

Thank you for the reply. Per your suggestion, I have created a support request with Evernote.

I can copy the text notes and paste into an email but not the audio files. If there is a way to copy and paste the audio into DropBox or email, I have not been able to figure it out.

• 5 months later...

I found a hack solution to this problem.

1. Download trial version of iExplorer, install and connect iOS device.

2. Browse in Apps > Evernote > Documents > www.evernote.com > [######] > pending 

3. The folders inside the pending folder will contain the files not yet synced. Drag these files from iExplorer to your desktop.

D7K97Wx.png

Much Love,

John

• 1 month later...

Much Love,

John

THANK YOU!!!!  This just saved me.  I created a very important audio note that came to 107mb - which it would't sync to my premium account - and couldn't figure out how to get it out.  This worked perfectly. 

-Scott

• 1 year later...

1. Download trial version of iExplorer, install and connect iOS device.

2. Browse in Apps > Evernote > Documents > www.evernote.com > [######] > pending 

3. The folders inside the pending folder will contain the files not yet synced. Drag these files from iExplorer to your desktop.

I am afraid this solution is broken as of iOS 8.3…

It's a pitty – can't seem to find a solution to get access to my large audio recording in Evernote…

• 1 month later...

This worked for me ...i had an audio recording on evernote on ipad that wont synch, thus not allowing me to send the file or access from Evernote on my laptop. This is the workaround :

On the ipad :

1 duplicate the note with the embedded audio recording

2 export , this will allow you to send the file via e-mail, so send the file to yourself

On the laptop

3 download the file you emailed to yourself

4 open the downloaded file on evernote on the web, check to see if you can open the file from evernote

On the ipad

5 delete the copies of the note ( optional step), so you wont get annoying unsynched notification as well

On the laptop

6 synch evernote

Once done you will now have a copy of the audio on both web and ipad app.

Hope this works.

• 2 years later...

I just had to use this forum to rectify my syncing issue. Thanks! I used the duplicate note on the iPad and my note almost immediately synced.  The EN support individual wanted me to play the recording while recording it with another recording device/function...I was less than pleased with that suggested solution.

Archived