(Archived) Why do you make the screen so dark you can't read it when searching?

thams

Idea

CMD-F in a screen and search for a term... the targets highlight in white, and the background is turned dark grey, with such little contrast it is difficult to read. I dread having to search for stuff... which is a real shame in a note-filing system.

11 replies to this idea

CMD-F in a screen and search for a term... the targets highlight in white, and the background is turned dark grey, with such little contrast it is difficult to read. I dread having to search for stuff... which is a real shame in a note-filing system.

Experienced this as well on my Mac, it makes searching next to WORTHLESS, especially when you've used the same work in many notes and are trying to find a specific sentence or reference.  I assumed it was a bug and since I don't use the Mac version much did not comment - until now.

+1 BEYOND USELESS... how can I tell if I've found the right document when only the search term is visible?

also does anybody else think command-F should to find note? Not the finger-twisting command-option-F

also does anybody else think command-F should to find note? Not the finger-twisting command-option-F

Not really. It makes sense that ⌘F searches within the notes. Just like in a browser where ⌘⌥F takes you to the browser's search field whereas ⌘F searches within the current page. 

I Agree. The background is so dark you can't see the context of what you have found, which is the whole purpose of the search. EXTREMELY annoying.  A lighter gray would be fine. EN - please fix. 

• Level 5

This is fixed in our latest beta! Enjoy!

Are you sure? I am using Version 5.3.0 Beta 3 (401736) and it is pretty dark... If the change is there, it is imperceptible to my eyes!

You're right. The change went in after Beta 3. Stay tuned…

• Level 5*

This is fixed in our latest beta! Enjoy!

Are you sure? I am using Version 5.3.0 Beta 3 (401736) and it is pretty dark... If the change is there, it is imperceptible to my eyes!

You're right. The change went in after Beta 3. Stay tuned…

Looking forward to it :)

Archived