(Archived) Keyboard shortcut to focus on note?

DrewDavid

Idea

Hi, sometimes I alt+tab over to EN and my active area is somewhere other than the note itself

Is there / are there (a) keyboard shortcut(s) to switch between the note editor and the note list?

6 replies to this idea

+1 on this.

I've found that switching to say Notebooks (Cmd+Opt+2) and then back to Notes (Cmd+Opt+1) will put you in the note list.

BUT if you were working with a filtered note list via search, you lose that.  Goes back to All notes.  It will remember the tags you were looking at though.

Just some thoughts.

• If you're in a note already, doing Cmd+Opt+1 doesn't really seem to do anything.  Maybe that could just take back you to the note list.
  • Being able to tab to the Note List would work as well.  Maybe Ctrl+Tab gets you there.  Just a thought.

I just figured out a trick on mac evernote (assume this would work on windows too) to get from the note focus to the note list focus.

1. Press the global search shortcut (command shift e for me). your cursor enters the search box

2. Press enter

You should be back in focus on the note list

I just figured out a trick on mac evernote (assume this would work on windows too) to get from the note focus to the note list focus.

1. Press the global search shortcut (command shift e for me). your cursor enters the search box

2. Press enter

You should be back in focus on the note list

Thanks Steven. You can also do CMD +L to edit title then hit TAB and it will put you to edit the note. However in my opinion both approaches are workarounds and not a direct solution.

Archived