How to delete Saved Searches?

tedh

Is there a way in the Evernote Windows Client to delete a Saved Search once it has been created?

I have seen mention on the forum that this is possible in the Mac client, but what about in Windows?

Thanks

• Level 5

Hiding the Left Panel (F10) is a great Evernote tip.

It frees up a lot of real estate to see more of the important stuff - your content.

The F10 will toggle it back on when you need to use it.

• 6 months later...

Right click on the specific Saved Search in the Left Panel and select Delete

I don't see Saved Searches in my Left Panel....??

How do I see Saved Searches in my Left Panel? Or, what other way is there to remove a Saved Search?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Right click on the specific Saved Search in the Left Panel and select Delete

I don't see Saved Searches in my Left Panel....??

How do I see Saved Searches in my Left Panel? Or, what other way is there to remove a Saved Search?

In the native Windows client:

To show shortcuts in the left panel: View / Left Panel / Show Shortcuts

To show the left panel: View / Left Panel / Show Left Panel

... you get the idea...

• 5 months later...

I have all left panel items displayed, and I have no items liseted under Shortcuts.  I still have saved searches showing up in my search bar.  Is there any way to get rid of those (i.e. get rid of historical searches that I never actively saved, but that were saved as a default)?

Thanks

• Level 5*

I have all left panel items displayed, and I have no items liseted under Shortcuts.  I still have saved searches showing up in my search bar.  Is there any way to get rid of those (i.e. get rid of historical searches that I never actively saved, but that were saved as a default)?

Thanks

You mean the list that drops down when you click in the search control? You should be able to right-click on a saved search that you want to get rid of and select "Delete"

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Nope. Click in the search bar, where it says "Search all notes". A list of "Recent searches" appears. Right-click on one of those search items and nothing happens. This is Windows client, 5.4.1.3962.

You can delete actual saved searches (the ones that appear under the heading "Saved Searches") in the way that I described, but evidently you cannot delete "recent searches", which are generated automatically by Evernote, in the same way.

Someone said in a separate topic that they had inadvertently pasted their password into the search box and now can't get rid of it. For them, clearing the recent searches would be a priority obviously.

Where is it actually stored, in the Registry? Or in a database table in the cloud? It would be nice to know how to clear it, even if it's unintuitive.

• Level 5*

Where is it actually stored, in the Registry? Or in a database table in the cloud? It would be nice to know how to clear it, even if it's unintuitive.

I don't seen an entry for this in the registry, so unless I missed it, so at a guess, this is probably persisted in the database in the local file system. Don't know if that's then persisted to the cloud, but you might check to see if recent searches make it to the web client.
  • Level 5*

You can find it in the Windows client using Tools / Options / General : "Open Database Folder". I believe that it's a a SQLite database (http://www.sqlite.org/). You can find 3rd-party programs to open and edit such a database, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're pretty tech savvy. You might be able to safely figure out if the information is stored there, though.

• Level 5*

Thanks for the info, very interesting. Wasn't able to find anything in the database tables though. Lots of hex codes and blobs.

How do I vote for this enhancement?

There's no voting system. Its appearance here in the forums constitutes a feature request.

Archived