(Archived) Evernote Links not active in the Evernote Windows PC

mjmuk

Opened up my Evernote PC program this morning to sync and look at my collected notes from Android Smartphone and Tablet to find that the Hyperlinks not active. They are in the notes, just not clickable (blue)!

Checked the Evernote programs on android devices and can see active links (blue) in the notes.

Used the Windows Evernote program on Sunday  and all seemed okay.

Has something changed in the programs since then?

Nothing has been updated on the PC since last Tuesday (MS update), Nothing has been updated on the Android device since last Wednesday.

As Android devices show links in the Evernote App, I can only assume that something has happened to the Evernote PC app.

Any pointers please, can't start Copy & Paste on 30+ notes to broswer!

PC is WinXP latest updated version, Evernote PC version is 4.6.6.8360 (268868) Public

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Not sure why this should just suddenly happen.

Have you tried the obvious of re-booting your pc?

Regards

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This has happened to me too. I was about to open a new topic on it, but then I found this one, among other two discussing the same thing. Turns out html links are not clickable anymore in the Windows Desktop version. I have to use the web Evernote in order to have the links clickable. I rebooted, yes, etc etc. Why is that?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know that I am still having the same problem, but here is a sort of work around.

- Select the Note text that should be an active link

- Right mouse click on it & then select 'Hyperlink' from the menu, then click 'Add'

- A small window will then open with the text selected, click 'OK'

- The window will then close and you should then see your text in the original note now presented as a 'active' clickable link.

Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Cheers

Mike

Just to let everyone know that I am still having the same problem, but here is a sort of work around.

- Select the Note text that should be an active link

- Right mouse click on it & then select 'Hyperlink' from the menu, then click 'Add'

- A small window will then open with the text selected, click 'OK'

- The window will then close and you should then see your text in the original note now presented as a 'active' clickable link.

Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Cheers

Mike

Links are working fine for me.  5.0.3.1614 & I have Firefox (default) & Chrome installed.

Did you submit a support ticket?

Archived