Business Library search

Mforcer

Idea

Is there any way to search in all business library notenooks including those not joined?

This would be very useful to me and would prevent needing to join every notebook in the library if looking for something in a note that could be in any notebook.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Is there any way to search in all business library notenooks including those not joined?

This would be very useful to me and would prevent needing to join every notebook in the library if looking for something in a note that could be in any notebook.

I do not think such a thing is possible, though I can definitely see the benefits of it. One of the problems is that some of those notebooks might be restricted to certain personnel, and so a business might not want the comments to be searchable. Perhaps, one solution would be to allow us to join them all without downloading the content. We could then search (assuming we were online), find what we want, and maybe just download that particular note for viewing. If a business reaches its 5,000 notebook limit, it would be pretty much impossible for you to join 250 notebooks at a time (the limit on your account) just to find a single note!

The Google Integrated Search searches for related notes through all of the Business Library, even ones you have not joined. It's always popping up results for me to introduce me to new additions that I might want to know about.

If its been checked into the Business Library, it's fair game for anyone in the Business.

• Level 5*

The Google Integrated Search searches for related notes through all of the Business Library, even ones you have not joined. It's always popping up results for me to introduce me to new additions that I might want to know about.

If its been checked into the Business Library, it's fair game for anyone in the Business.

Cool, but, can you search? For example, if I search for "intitle:project 3783920" is there a way to pull up all of the notes from the Business Library that correspond with that search query, or will I only see a couple related notes?

Evernote is doing a great job adding business friendly features, and I really want to recommend it to my company.  However, this is one of the things on my short list of must have features for a personal endorsement.  Restricting full search capability for a business library down to 250 joined notebooks, which as I understand is really a (PC or Mac) downloaded client limitation, does not make sense.  Too much knowledge could be in the (<= 4,750) business notebooks you can't see that EN has most certainly indexed in their great search engine.  There needs to be a way at least within the web client to search all business library notes to which you have privileges, even if you are not joined to them.  It would be even better if these same (non-joined) search results were passed into the PC/Mac client, perhaps as a snippet, but I could live without that as long as they were available somewhere.

Probably the next highest item on my list, which is somewhat related based on what notes you should be allowed to search, is the ability to have user security on the business library.  This comes up during almost every webinar demo based on the recaps I have read.  Today anyone on a business account has access to everything in the business library.  User groups/admin is necessary so, for example, the entire company doesn't have access to personnel records.  

And yes, on both these issues I know there are workarounds (e.g., using tags instead of notebooks and discrete sharing of personal notebooks).  However, I don't believe those are acceptable alternatives for a business application based on either inherent functionality (can't store tagged notes offline) or personally intuitive (notebook/folder visualization) limitations.

Archived