(Archived) 4.6.6 crashing on Windows 7

omni

Working fine until 4.6.6.8360, then started crashing constantly.  I just now uninstalled, downloaded, reinstalled and it crashed within a minute.  I've come to rely on this, so help would be great.

Working fine until 4.6.6.8360, then started crashing constantly.  I just now uninstalled, downloaded, reinstalled and it crashed within a minute.  I've come to rely on this, so help would be great.

Did you use Revo uninstaller? If not, I would suggest that, reboot & then reinstall. If that doesn't fix the problem, you should submit a support ticket (see my sig.) Also, you can always use the web client to access/create & modify your notes.

I did as you suggested and a new install of 4......60 has been up for 5 hours, so many thanks. 

Out of curiosity, do you have any idea what in particular Revo got that Windows Uninstall leaves behind?

• Level 5*

Revo leans in and clears all the random Registry entries,  install files and downright code doodles that any software leaves on install.  Windows (I think) tends to take out the main software only,  and leaves some other files/ entries that might be saving preferences you'd possibly need if you were reinstalling.  Unfortunately some of those files can also save stuff you really don't want to keep...

• 1 month later...

Thanks!  I was having the same issue ever since installing the 8360 build.  I had tried standard uninstall.  When that didn't work, I tried manually cleaning 'evernote' references from the registry.  That didn't work either.  Revo (freeware version) also found appdata directories that needed to be cleaned.  I can finally sync with my Evernote account again!

Why wouldn't the standard uninstaller clean out user's appdata as well?  Is that a Window's uninstaller limitation?

Archived