(Archived) Help! Renamed input folder, now EN is re-importing

TdeV

Hi I renamed my input folder from "Food" to "Food-FN" to make more clear which directories are automatically imported into EN. When I went to Tools, Import Folders, I saw that the import folder still said "Food".

Er—so I renamed the import folder and now EN is reimporting my entire database. What do I do to stop it?

Thanks.

:(

Edited for clarity

Hi I renamed my input folder from "Food" to "Food-FN" to make more clear which directories are automatically imported into EN. When I went to Tools, Import Folders, I saw that the import folder still said "Food".

Er—so I renamed the import folder and now EN is reimporting my entire database. What do I do to stop it?

Thanks.

:(

Edited for clarity

What client are you using?  I'm gussing Windows, since that's the only client with the "built in" import folder feature.  You can always force stop the EN app in task manager, if closing the normal way does not work.  Be sure to close all EN processes listed in the process manager tab. Once you re-invoke EN, I'd delete the import/watched folder info & then start from scratch. 

If you want to leave the source documents in the Food-FN folder on your hard drive, I think you'll just have to let EN re-import.  You could always set up the import/watched folder to import to a local notebook & let it fly.  Then delete the docs that were newly imported (to the local/non-sync'd notebook), if they are dups.  Importing to a local notebook does not go against your upload usage.

Archived