Can windows be the same as Mac?

xlknowenjoy

Reminders is coming into the Mac,but what for windows?We can't use the apple in all situation.Please,let the windows be the same treat as the Mac.

Evernote strives for feature parity across all platforms. However, features may be rolled out over time, rather than all platforms at once. I'm sure reminders will eventually be rolled out on Windows. I think the current Wndows beta includes them, but can't say for sure.

Since different development teams work on each platform there may be some latency in rolling out features for one platform or another. The teams may not entirely be on the same schedule and there may be unique challenges implementing a feature on one platform that require a bit more time. In the history of Evernote, the Mac client has not always been given features first, but this time it has. In the mobile domain, reminders for Evernote for Android came a couple weeks after it was available on iOS, so I suspect Windows will get theirs too shortly.

• Level 5*

Since different development teams work on each platform there may be some latency in rolling out features for one platform or another. The teams may not entirely be on the same schedule and there may be unique challenges implementing a feature on one platform that require a bit more time. In the history of Evernote, the Mac client has not always been given features first, but this time it has. In the mobile domain, reminders for Evernote for Android came a couple weeks after it was available on iOS, so I suspect Windows will get theirs too shortly.

True, but the Android beta came out first. It seems to me that this particular rollout of features was uncommonly close in timing. The Windows interface is long overdue for an update (nearly a year from the time when the Mac update was unveiled at ETC in August 2012). I don't know why there has been such a lag this time. At any rate, for features like this, you can expect that they want to get it out on all platforms as soon as possible. After all, what is the point of a reminder that only reminds you sometimes?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived