(Archived) Why not a Calendar?

Hi, I am a newby in Evernote and notwithstanding appreciate a lot all of its functionalities I do not understand why there is no possibility to view notes that could be considered more like a task whith a scheduled time.

Many times I find myself writing a note that should remind me something to do on a certain date, so I would like to see all of these kind of notes on a calendar, irrispective from the notebook they come from, otherwise I have to use one more tool and spread notes between them without being possible to integrate the notes into Evernote.

• Level 5*

Hi.  You don't mention what client you're using,  so this has to be a general response;  but if you wait for a little while,  Evernote may surprise you.  As of now (and since it started) Evernote has -notably- lacked anything in the calendar or reminder area;  but they are changing.  Reminders already exist in some clients and are probably coming to one near you soon...

:)

An addition of "Calendar" would be wonderful. I've been using Palm desktop for many many years. As they are becoming obsolete, I'm jumping the ship and already in love of Evernote. Its Sync feature makes it a great app. However, sadly Calendar is missing. A calendar that I can use as a daily journal as well as reminder etc. would be fantastic. As "Gazumped" stated above, Evernote please surprise me. Any idea, when they'll add this? Can't wait.

• Level 5*

As always,  Evernote don't trail their releases - they like to surprise everyone; but unusually we know this is in the pipeline.  It should be into Windows soon - but please note.  I said Reminders,  not Calendars.  Evernote are getting there,  but baby steps so far...

Oh no!! NO Calendar? That's disappointing! I think "Calendar" is an obvious part of any "note" taking, isn't it? Why they are so baby-stepping to this "must have" additon? I just wonder. Unfortuantely, I still have to stick to Palm calendar, I suppose.

• Level 5*

My fault.  I sometimes tend to ramble a bit.  In simple terms -

1. we know Evernote have intentions to add date functionality to their various products
  2. they have already added "reminders" and say they have a new Windows client coming 'soon'
    (which in this context is probably a variable period somewhere between 1 day and 10 years)
  3. the new Windows client will probably have other bells and whistles added,  but we don't know what.
  4. in fact no-one knows anything official about anything.

Hope that helps...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think Evernote and many companies a trying to determine if they want to do a couple of things well or do they want to be another one of the many all-in-one attempts.  Think Outlook.  MS has OneNote, Evernotes closest competitor, and it's not connected with Outlook at all.  Go figure.

As a former Palm devotee, I love PIMs, but there are too many in the marketplace all them paying homage to the BLOAT gods.

I am no longer a fan of the all-in-one solution despite its allure.  I don't want Evernote to succumb to Bloat.  

Even if they add calendars, going down the all-in-one solution route takes you all the way to project management which is many more features than they have now.  I bet if they look at who is actually paying MONEY for Evernote, it's people that have a more robust solution for calendaring and project management.  They will have to decide if they want to take that on.  They will look to their Evernote Business customers (who are PAYING) to figure that out.

• 4 weeks later...

It appears the Apple people are being catered to again with the iXXwhaterver calendar

Fiddle faddle. But out of curiosity, who exactly do you think is being neglected & why? (Generic posts such as yours are too general & not helpful.).

What is the " iXXwhaterver calendar"? I haven't heard anything about that.

He's using iXX in place of saying iOS (Apple's mobile operating systems and/or OS X, Apple's desktop operating system)

I'm guessing megsaint's post was tongue in cheek, since the poster misspelled 'whatever'

What is the " iXXwhaterver calendar"? I haven't heard anything about that.

He's using iXX in place of saying iOS (Apple's mobile operating systems and/or OS X, Apple's desktop operating system)

I'm guessing megsaint's post was tongue in cheek, since the poster misspelled 'whatever'

My sense of humor, such as it is, doesn't always play well in forums. 

Back to excessive use of smileys......

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived