(Archived) Quick Style Formatting Tips?

flatlanderdox

Hello.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for how to style text quickly in Evernote notes.  I'd love to have similar functionality to OneNote where you can hit Ctrl+Alt+1 to get a Heading 1 style, Ctrl+Alt+2 for Heading 2, etc.  I need a way to visually format text as I'm writing it, on the fly, to give it better context. Right now to accomplish this, I'm having to write the note in OneNote, and then drag and drop the text into Evernote.

Any solutions?

• Level 5*

Sorry -- no such functionality exists in the Windows client. It's requested with some frequency in these forums, but no-go so far. There may be ways you can coerce stuff like this using something like AutoHotKey (a third-party program), but it's more work than I'd want to put into it myself. You could also keep a note with templates handy in a separately opened note window, and copy/paste from there. Awkward, I understand.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, Autohotkey might have something. But it sounds like my current strategy creating the notes in OneNote might make
the most sense for now. I was just curious if there were ways otherpeople have figured out how to format-on-the-fly.

• Level 5*

Nope - I'm with jef.  I use an external editor if I want my notes to look polished.  Or I set up the posh version in Word or some such and copy/ paste the bare text into the note for searching purposes.  Although even that's not necessary now Word files are indexed for Premium users...

There may be ways you can coerce stuff like this using something like AutoHotKey (a third-party program), but it's more work than I'd want to put into it myself.

qot had a similar idea with AHK, perhaps this could be useful here:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/36202-howto-create-hotkeys-to-set-predefined-font-and-h1-h2-h3-styles/

Archived