(Archived) Hebrew won't clip in IE7 : Works in Firefox

eliuri

Hello:

I can't seem to clip Hebrew text using IE7 .

Here's what i get when I try it in Internet Explorer 7:

����� ����������, ������������ �����

Using Firefox, Evernote shows this:

אָכֵן מְיֻדָּעִי, זְנַחְתַּנִי מְאֹד

עַד כִּי קְרָאתִיךָ: אֲבִי זָנוֹחַ.

Is there a way to get this to get Evernote to work in IE 7 as well?

I'm crossing over from Google Notebook to Evernote. Hebrew works perfectly fine in Google Notebook with either browser.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance:

-Eliuri

Windows XP Pro

IE7

Firefox 3.0.5

Thank you for the report. We have not heard about this problem before, and do not yet officially support or test on right-to-left languages, but we are working hard to improve our support for non-Latin character sets and non-English users this year.

Thanks

Thank you for the report. We have not heard about this problem before, and do not yet officially support or test on right-to-left languages, but we are working hard to improve our support for non-Latin character sets and non-English users this year.

Thanks

Hi again, David:

The RTL problem was notable in Evernote 3.0 for Windows. It clipped the Hebrew,but the word order was LTR.

With IE7 , it's more than a directional issue. It didnt even clip the Hebrew fonts properly. it rendered either stars or blank boxes, as in that sample above.

I use Firefox more often that IE 7, so for the meantime, it seems to be working out fine. It actually became easier for multilingual notekeeping after I uninstalled the 3.0 Windows version, and began using Evernote's web interface.

I really like this program, so I'm hoping it expands its capabilities for various langauges.

-Eliuri

Archived