(Archived) Sort Order in Android App...?

juniorgolf18

Is there any way to determine sort order in the Android app?

I title my notes chronological now with date first ala Grumpy Monkey and I have them sorted in my windows client to show most recent first, but in my Android app it has the oldest first when I sort by title.  I don't see where i can "Reverse" sort it..

Any help?

Thanks in advance!

juniorgolf18, I have the android version and I'm able to sort my notes by various ways by first selecting "Notes" on the main screen. You will then see "All Notes" at the top of the screen. Next, click the little arrow underneath "All Notes" at the top of the screen. This should pull up a list saying "View As" with Snippet, List View, & Sort By. Next click the "Other" option under Sort By and you should then see several more options - Date Updated, Date Created, Title, Notebook, CIty, & Country. Hope this helps.

juniorgolf18, I have the android version and I'm able to sort my notes by various ways by first selecting "Notes" on the main screen. You will then see "All Notes" at the top of the screen. Next, click the little arrow underneath "All Notes" at the top of the screen. This should pull up a list saying "View As" with Snippet, List View, & Sort By. Next click the "Other" option under Sort By and you should then see several more options - Date Updated, Date Created, Title, Notebook, CIty, & Country. Hope this helps.

Yes Brian - I can do that, I just don't see how to sort Title by a-z or z-a.  I do mine where my title starts with numeric like todays are 132005 (yyddmm) and in desktop client I can sort by title AND then sort it reverse so todays is at top.  But in Android when I sort by title it always shows the earliest one first so my current most recent one is all the way at the bottom.

Make sense?

• 1 month later...

I would like to see the default sort order as a selectable option.  It seems everytime I get an app update that my sort order is changed and I have to re-order my notes.  It would be nice to have this option in the Windows desktop version too.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ditto on "reverse" sort order. I've just updated/transferred hundreds of entries to use evernote exclusively and for longevity and was gobsmacked when my yymmdd order can only sort one way. This is archaic considering evernote's popularity and largeness. Please give us the option to sort with more flexibility so I don't have to scroll throug hundreds of entries to get to the latest.

When transferring 'old' entries, they always come up as created today (hence renaming all to yymmdd) so it really stuffs up the system and makes it unworkable.

It must be an easy coding to reverse sort, surely? If anyone's listening, please!!!!! do so asap.

Archived