Windows Installation Error Code 2732- Another Easy Workaround.

Benny.Flash

If you still meet the 2732 installation issue, try this workaround. (first of all, thanks people who told us you can use MSI file to install. My method based on that)

1. Install the normal EXE version. It will report 2732 issue. That's right. We just need MSI file. 

2. Open a CMD with Administrator right. ( pls google it if you don't know how to open it with Admin right)

3. Input such command: C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /i "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Evernote.msi"  ALLUSERS=1 TRANSFORMS=:2052  APPLICATIONFOLDER="D:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\"

I'll explain this command meanings:

a. C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /i   //It will call msiexec to do installation.

b. "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Evernote.msi" // This is MSI full path. Pls make sure you change it to your actual path. That means the red bold part should be replaced  to yours. 

cALLUSERS=1 //This means it will be installed to each account on this computer. If you just want to install it for only current account, del this part.

d. TRANSFORMS=:2052 // This part will show the localized UI. 2052 means Simplified Chinese. You need to check which number you could use. The easy way to check your language code is check setup log file. The setup log under C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\, The name is EvernoteSetup.log. Open this file with notepad and search "TRANSFORMS", the number behind the equal is what you need. 

e. APPLICATIONFOLDER="D:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\"  //This is easy. Pls change to your folder(replace red part). Make sure you keep the quotation marks.  My previous version was installed at this location, this time I don't want to change it:)

4. Check your command again, make sure everything is right. Then press Enter. The familiar installation process will appear again.  

Hope my method can help you. Maybe you find my command is different than Setup log file.  That because I found if you want to record the setup log file, The installation will report error. I don't know why. But I think it might be file operation error during the installation. Any way, i'm not that bug fixer. And I think the Dev team should pay more attention on installation. :)

• Level 5

I slogged through the steps and think your title "Another Easy Workaround" is one of the best examples of sarcasm I have ever seen.

Your final closing comment speaks volumes! "the Dev team should pay more attention on installation"

I slogged through the steps and think your title "Another Easy Workaround" is one of the best examples of sarcasm I have ever seen.

Your final closing comment speaks volumes! "the Dev team should pay more attention on installation"

I completely agree with "the Dev team should pay more attention on installation"! I had problems installing the latest version and was sent a detailed set of instructions on how to uninstall the existing version using Revo uninstaller and then another set of instructions on how to manually delete various folders and files. After all that, when I try to install the newest version, I still get a message telling me that a version of Evernote is still installed and the isntallation log file has this line in it:

"Located product {4C8BBCC8-8363-11E2-A3F4-984BE15F174E} with upgrade code {AE2C091E-CF5F-4e30-8659-D640E23A8B99}"

If the installer is capable of finding these traces on my computer, why the f.... aren't the programmers at Evernote capable of creating a decent uninstaller that deletes all files, folders and inscriptions in the registry created by their own program and installer??? Why do theuy suggest the use of athird party uninstaller? Is there no programmmer in the Evernote team capable of writing a decent uninstaller and installer for Windows OSs? Is that really such a complicated task?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a simplified version for American English users. 

First you need to open command prompt as an administrator. To do so, click on the windows start button. Then "All Programs"/Accessories. Right click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as administrator"

Once that opens just cut and paste the line below (it should be all on the same line). 

For 64 bit systems:

C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /i "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Evernote.msi" ALLUSERS=1 TRANSFORMS=:1033 APPLICATIONFOLDER="%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Evernote\Evernote\"

For 32 bit systems:

C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /i "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Evernote.msi" ALLUSERS=1 TRANSFORMS=:1033 APPLICATIONFOLDER="%ProgramFiles%\Evernote\Evernote\"

Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

First you need to open command prompt as an administrator. To do so, click on the windows start button. Then "All Programs"/Accessories. Right click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as administrator"

Once that opens just cut and paste the line below (it should be all on the same line). 

For 64 bit systems:

C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /i "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Evernote.msi" ALLUSERS=1 TRANSFORMS=:1033 APPLICATIONFOLDER="%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Evernote\Evernote\"

For 32 bit systems:

C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /i "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Evernote.msi" ALLUSERS=1 TRANSFORMS=:1033 APPLICATIONFOLDER="%ProgramFiles%\Evernote\Evernote\"

Enjoy!

Thanks DanRod.  Waaaaay easier.   I started reading step 3 of Benny.Flash's solution and my eyes glazed over.  Unfortunately  the MSI installation also ended in error 2732. Oh well, if Evernote wants me to use their latest and greatest, they are going to have to try harder.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

version 5.0.3

6 months later

issue still remains.

are you going to fix it some day ?!?

It seems that there was something wrong with the 4.x version and until you fix that, you won't ever be able to update. I read some of the other workarounds but found this method to be the simplest - no 3rd party uninstaller, no messing around in the regsitry or with commands:

1. Back up your stuff - right click on Notebooks in Evernote, select Export and save the exported file.

2. Go to the Microsoft FixIt site for program install and uninstall and run the FixIt.

3. When it asks for product code, enter: {f761359c-9ced-45ae-9a51-9d6605cd55c4}, making sure don't paste any extra spaces. Click Next and it should confirm that you want to proceed with the uninstall for "Name not available".

4. Go get Evernote 5 and install normally.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had the same issue on a Windows 7 - 64 bit laptop and tried the above but didn't work.  What did work for me was the following:

1. Right-click the installation file's icon.  This will be the .msi file.  Mine was saved under C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp
2. Click Properties > Compatibility .
3. Select the compatibility mode for previous versions.
4. Click Apply.
5. Run the installation program.

Hopefully this works for some that have had problems.

For 64 bit systems:

For 32 bit systems:

Enjoy!

Thanks to DanRod, I followed your explanations and it was a success.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had the same issue on a Windows 7 - 64 bit laptop and tried the above but didn't work.  What did work for me was the following:

1. Right-click the installation file's icon.  This will be the .msi file.  Mine was saved under C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

2. Click Properties > Compatibility .

3. Select the compatibility mode for previous versions.

4. Click Apply.

5. Run the installation program.

Hopefully this works for some that have had problems.

Best way to solve.

Work's for me

thank you

• 4 months later...

Archived