[Feature Request] Sort By - Calendar View

Antoine3323

Idea

I use Evernote as log for daily events for certain purposes. It would great if a calendar view could be integrated into the UI for easy browsing of when notes were created/updated. Just a thought

I understand that Evercalendar already does this, but I would like to avoid using another app to manage my Evernote notes if I don't have to. Thanks for all the hard work, btw

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Evernote don't discuss their plans or timelines, but have indicated that there's more date-related stuff in the pipeline, so you might be pleasantly surprised at some point. Meantime they already have notes sorted by created and updated dates, and it's possible to search by date and tag/ assign to notebooks appropriately, so you'd seem to be covered for the basics - apart from that was there anything special you'd like to see in the calendar view?

Yea, I noticed that all the basics were already covered as far as sorting. A calendar view would be a nice addition, though. This way you could see what notes were created and/or updated on each day, and quickly access them. It can be difficult to scroll through a huge list of notes

• Level 5*

For me this is a must have feature. I use Evernote daily in meetings to take notes and if it was possible to browse my notes on a calendar it would be great.

If you're happy to see them in chronological order,  just try altering the created date (if you need to) to the date of your meeting,  and using a standard tag "meeting".  Search the tag,  sort the results by created date and you're done. 

Actually "seeing notes on a calendar" would seem likely to be impractical due to space considerations.  You could however embed a link to each meeting note in your calendar-of-choice,  even creating the notes ahead of time as a meeting template if you wished to..

Yes, I agree with previous posters.  A "calendar" view would be extremely helpful (and to be honest, I was really surprised to learn that this didn't already exist).  It would not have to take up a lot of screen real estate either.  Why not simple have an option to display a small monthly calendar in the upper left-hand corner of the screen with an dates which have entries highlighted. Also single-arrows to jump forward or back by month, double-arrows to jump forward/back by year (that's a pretty standard UI convention).  Clicking on a highlighted date would show all the notes on that date in list form underneath, clicking on the note would display it as usual on the right.  This seems like a no-brainer and is a basic functionality the definitely should be in Evernote.

Archived