(Archived) Merging 2 notes into one note? With a free account?

I saw the post regarding merging 2 notes into one note that reads:  "select multiple notes using Ctrl+click under Windows or Cmd+click under OS X, then select "Merge Notes" from the Edit menu." 

My "edit" does not give me the option to "merge notes" and does not let me click on the "merge" button under the notes on the right side of the screen.  I have a free account....is merging not available for free accounts?  I am new to EN so still trying to figure out how to navigate around. 

I saw the post regarding merging 2 notes into one note that reads:  "select multiple notes using Ctrl+click under Windows or Cmd+click under OS X, then select "Merge Notes" from the Edit menu." 

My "edit" does not give me the option to "merge notes" and does not let me click on the "merge" button under the notes on the right side of the screen.  I have a free account....is merging not available for free accounts?  I am new to EN so still trying to figure out how to navigate around.

It may be that the resultant note would exceed the note size for a free account.

I don't think its a size limitation....I tried 2 other half page notes and didn't get the option still...

No....only option it gives me after right clicking is: open, print, save copy, email

I'm thinking maybe the free version is limiting this???

I don't think its a size limitation....I tried 2 other half page notes and didn't get the option still...

No....only option it gives me after right clicking is: open, print, save copy, email

No, free accounts can merge notes. It sounds like you're using the web client. (It's always helpful to post in either the correct section or specify which client you're using.) The web client does not seem to have the merge option.

Ok, forgive me....probably a dumb question...how do I know what free version I'm using? My boss had me sign up for Evernote Monday & I've been trying to learn it. 

Also, the notes I'm trying to merge is in HIS (my boss) folder he shared with me.  I'm tyring to merge one of his notes with a note I added to his folder. Does this make a difference?

I'm using on a windows computer...windows 7

Ok, forgive me....probably a dumb question...how do I know what free version I'm using? My boss had me sign up for Evernote Monday & I've been trying to learn it. 

Also, the notes I'm trying to merge is in HIS (my boss) folder he shared with me.  I'm tyring to merge one of his notes with a note I added to his folder. Does this make a difference?

I'm using on a windows computer...windows 7

Are you going through a browser? (Would be web client.) Or do you invoke the Evernote program to access the notes. (Either the Mac or Windows client.) But the options you mentioned match the web client, so it sounds like you're accessing the EN account from a browser, rather than using the Windows desktop client.

You say your boss had you sign up but you're using his "folder". I'm guessing you mean a notebook from his Evernote account? (There are no folders in Evernote.) You cannot merge notes from one account to another. All notes need to exist in the same account. You can export notes from one account via enex file & import them into another account. But again, that's only via a desktop client. If you're trying to merge multiple notes from a notebook in his Evernote account that he's shared to you & you're logged in as yourself (not him), you may not have the authority to merge notes, since he is the account owner.

I click the icon on my desktop to open the program.  Yes, you are correct....notebook, not folder.  He invited me to view his notebook, I added notes to his notebook and I'm trying to merge my notes (that I added) to his notes in the notebook he shared with me.  You are saying this is not possible being two different note "authors" of the notes, right?

I click the icon on my desktop to open the program.  Yes, you are correct....notebook, not folder.  He invited me to view his notebook, I added notes to his notebook and I'm trying to merge my notes (that I added) to his notes in the notebook he shared with me.  You are saying this is not possible being two different note "authors" of the notes, right?

I don't use shared notebooks so I can't say for sure. But I do know when sharing notebooks (your boss) to others (you), that permissions are involved. It may be that you, as a non-owner, don't have the authority to merge notes or it may be that EN (in general) does not allow non-owners to merge notes. Maybe someone who works with shared notebooks will be able to comment further.

No, free accounts can merge notes. It sounds like you're using the web client. (It's always helpful to post in either the correct section or specify which client you're using.) The web client does not seem to have the merge option.

FWIW, the web client does let you merge notes.  Ctrl-click on each and then follow the instructions that pop up.  I do this fairly frequently as I have to use the browser version at my other day job. 

Archived