• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
sweebez

windows A Notepad++ Evernote Plugin?

7 posts in this topic

I love the idea of a cloud-based note taking system, and I currently use Notepad++ to make lists which I store on my desktop. I'd love to go the extra step and simply write/edit the note in Notepad++ and save to the cloud, removing the clutter of text files on my desktop. Is there anything right now that lets me "log-in" to Evernote via Notepad++ so that I can Open/Save files to Evernote as easily as I Open/Save files to my desktop? If not, would anybody be interested in it?

1 person likes this

Hi - welcome to the forums.  Thanks for the thought,  but...

Is there anything right now that lets me "log-in" to Evernote via Notepad++ so that I can Open/Save files to Evernote as easily as I Open/Save files to my desktop?  - No

If not, would anybody be interested in it? - Don't think so - Evernote already has a passable text editor,  and logging in via something else just adds a layer of complication.

Thanks for your reply but for me, and others I've asked, passable isn't good enough. Notepad++ is built for a variety of users while Evernote really isn't. Thanks for your input though!

HEY! A product like Notepad++ offers a ton of editing features that does not even show up in the text. Just the ability to move lines or sections up and down makes it a spoiler for list work. A split screen for stereo editing, syncro-comparison, a document map for crissakes! OOBA JOOBA!

Hey - no fancy work. This can be automated in a buzz light year split fraction of a second.

Just open Notepad++ with your fav plugins and have it sitting there. Cut the text out of EN, and paste it over there. When you're done, cut and paste it back.

YOU make a great automation instrument when the workflow is this easy. (And did I mention markdown with preview?) It's all OOBA JOOBA!

Don't ever let the 99.9% tell you "no."

1 person likes this

I'd certainly be interested in the ability to link other editors to the Windows Evernote client.  I use the Markdown Here extension in Firefox to get better editing capabilities in the Evernote Web interface, and I'd love to have the ability to write in Markdown in Notepad++ and have it save to (and render as rich text in) Evernote Windows.

Well that's crossing the line. I say take the 80/20 approach and just stick plain text markdown in there for safekeeping (and organization) or keep your note formatting simple using the in-board. I'm onto the secret now - and this is it. Until (probably) hell freezes over.

Evernote is like living in self-sustaining remote island striving to have everything; while other apps live connecting to other best apps.