(Archived) (Archived) Hangs at "Updating Server Database 50%" / INTERNET_INCORRECT_HANDLE_STATE

I would like an Evernnote rep to let us know what the current queue times are for PDF scanning and inbound Email to notebooks. I have sent several emails to my account and it's been over 14 hours since any have shown up in my evernote DB.

Everything is not back to normal for me.

We'll have that information after 8AM PT. I can confirm that we have been getting reports of a backlog.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like you guys are having an SSL capacity issue. Are you running SSL directly on your servers or are you terminating it on the a10s? If you're not terminating SSL on the load-balancer, this may help. If the a10s are running out of capacity for SSL, you could add more a10s and load-balance them or go with another vendor that has higher SSL offload capacity. If you need end to end SSL but are overrunning the connections to the backend servers you could also put in a solution that pipelines client side requests to the server over a minimal number of secured sockets that terminates the client side of the SSL connection and sends the requests down an established, reusable SSL connection to the backend. This maintains security and offloads the cost of setting up new connections. Just a thought...

We're currently running at a 6.8 hour backlog for Image PDF OCR for Premium users. The mail gateway issue has been resolved and emails should be delivered properly now.

As for the SSL issue - yes, that is exactly what it is. And we are confident that we'll be able to handle the load once all the new machines are in place.

This was actually set off by our decision to enable SSL for our free users as well as Premium ahead of schedule (as per the first post in this thread.)

This was actually set off by our decision to enable SSL for our free users as well as Premium ahead of schedule (as per the first post in this thread.)

Someday, you're going to look back at this & chuckle & wonder "What were we thinking?" :o

Well, you're probably wondering what you were thinking right now...but the chuckle will come later...

(Please, no cards or letters...I'm not trying to downplay the problems people had & are still having...I can relate & hope things get sorted out for everyone, soon. I'm just remembering situations I've been in where you think you're doing something good & it backfires & you just wish you could return to that second in time & go the path not taken...)

Honestly, it's hard to fault the Evernote guys for this ... rather, I'd blame the evil !@#$%!! who devised Firesheep. That's what promoted EN to enable SSL for everyone, something that they did in the very best interest of their customers. And EN worked very vigorously the last few days to resolve things once the problems surfaced.

It's very easy to make hindsight 20/20, but pretty much impossible to be that accurate when it comes to predictions ... especially in the world of IT. And that's something that people need to keep in mind before heading off the rails.

• Level 5
BurgerNFries wrote:

Someday, you're going to look back at this & chuckle & wonder "What were we thinking?" :o

and then asked for no responses???

What Evernote was thinking, and rightly so, was:

How can they protect the users' data in Evernote from the million + hackers who downloaded Firesheep - a packet sniffer to intercept unencrypted cookies from password protected websites as the cookies are transmitted over networks, exploiting session hijacking vulnerabilities. It shows the discovered identities on a sidebar displayed in the browser, and allows the hacker to instantly take over the log-in credentials of the user by double-clicking on the victim's name.

Yes, we're offloading SSL functionality to the front-tier load balancers. We need to do the SSL termination at or before the load balancers in order to "unpack" the SSL to see the HTTP headers in order to perform balancing rules on them.

We've been handling SSL for the last three years in our older NetScaler balancers, which processed the SSL math with their main CPU. These boxes were able to handle a few hundred new SSL connections per second, but didn't have the horsepower to handle the higher load caused by our rapid growth and increased SSL availability.

The new A10 boxes can each handle at least 2500 new SSL connections per second since they have hardware acceleration for the cryptographic operations. This should allow us to handle 8-10 times as much traffic in a single box, and we can expand capacity linearly by adding more boxes in an N+1 configuration. (They would also happily sell us their higher end units if we ever needed them.)

In the late 1990's, we would have handled this sort of thing by buying a separate SSL offload box instead of doing it in the load balancer. A million years ago in the dot-com era, my company did this with some boxes from Intel that just terminated SSL. It looks like that product category has almost completely disappeared now that the hardware acceleration has folded into the better load balancers. I found a few dedicated units that are still on the market, but their price/performance is worse than the A10, so it's better just to do it in the balancer.

BurgerNFries wrote:

Someday, you're going to look back at this & chuckle & wonder "What were we thinking?" :)

What Evernote was thinking, and rightly so, was:

How can they protect the users' data in Evernote from the million + hackers who downloaded Firesheep - a packet sniffer to intercept unencrypted cookies from password protected websites as the cookies are transmitted over networks, exploiting session hijacking vulnerabilities. It shows the discovered identities on a sidebar displayed in the browser, and allows the hacker to instantly take over the log-in credentials of the user by double-clicking on the victim's name.

We've already discussed this. IMO, non issue other than it has raised awareness for people who already did not have CYA in place. On par with reminding people to not give out their SSN. (Yawn.)

Evernote was putting extra security into place & did it early. Damned if they do & damned if they don't. Hindsight/arm chair quarterbacking is always 100% right. And from your comments, it appears you think this is a more acceptable solution than having waited... I think there are a lot of users who still can't fully use EN who would disagree.

Either way, again, it's really easy to make judgment calls. IME with EN staff, I'm pretty sure they didn't take the decision lightly & thought they were doing "a good thing." We've all (ALL) been there.

• Level 5
BurgerNFries wrote:

Someday, you're going to look back at this & chuckle & wonder "What were we thinking?" :)

I knew you had to get the last word in, as usual. :)

Will 2500TPS be enough? There are products out there that will do 200k TPS and millions of concurrent connections on a single box and do everything an a10 will do and more...

The key metric for us is the number of new SSL connections that we can establish per second. Some vendors use other numbers that aren't quite the same thing:

http://devcentral.f5.com/weblogs/macvit ... r-ssl.aspx

The expensive part of SSL is the handshake at the beginning of the connection. The cost of individual HTTP requests over the established tunnel are a fraction of the cost of just establishing the connection.

2500 new connections per second from a single box will be more than enough for the next 12 months. We're processing about 5.2 million HTTP requests per hour during peak times, or a bit over 1000 per second, but most of these requests come in on the same SSL connection due to Keep-Alive. So this one box can handle about 8x more than we're currently sending at it. When we need more capacity (or, more precisely, BEFORE we need more capacity), we can add another box to double it.

A10 sells more expensive units, and we can upgrade to those if needed, but the math on this unit seemed to be ideal for us ... much more horsepower than we need today, and a smooth upgrade path to add more capacity later. If we get to the point in 3 years where we're running 7 of these and need a lot more capacity, we can throw a big pile of money at some gargantuan box. But the A10 list price of $10 per new-ssl-connection-per-second looks pretty good.

As a free user the outage was a small price to pay for SSL connection. Now go the rest of the distance and encrypt everything on your servers so that we don't have to worry when somebody from Belarus or China hacks your system and distributes everybody's notes as a big zip file on the internet. Then I'll go paid.

This is a best practice of other leaders in the consumer cloud computing segment: Dropbox (who I pay) does it and so does LastPass.

Dropbox (who I pay) does it

If you think your data sitting on a Dropbox server is encrypted from hackers, you are sorely mistaken (unless you put your own encryption on it such as a Truecrypt container or winrar'd file, etc in Dropbox)...

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=20772&p=87405&hilit=dropbox#p87405

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21248&p=90809&hilit=dropbox+password#p90809

Additionally, as discussed elsewhere, "true" encryption on Evernote would mean your notes cannot be indexed.

While we appreciate the comments of all of our users, we recognize that there are some people that we cannot satisfy.

As mentioned, a refund is an available option. Simply click the support link in my signature, and if filled out properly, Premium members will have the status correctly registered when you file.

Hello Heather,

I understand that you have server problems at EN.

I wish you luck in solving the load balancing, but may I ask you how to contact the support ? You say it simple but not for me… I am very upset about that not getting any answer to my request for help.

Not to repeat myself, I went first to this thread : viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21443&start=0

I tried to contact the support several time. I sent all the requested file (log) that a robot asked. I just got the main mailing informing about your problems.

Then someone (Larry) ask me for the logs, which I sent. Then nothing.

Does it mean that during this period no one is answering at the support, even for Premium customer ?

If they went to the level that DB does, I'd feel better about it:

Let me give a quick explanation of how it works:

Every file is split down into 4 MB blocks, which is then transferred to the DB servers via SSL. Once the block reaches the server, it is subsequently encrypted with it's own unique SHA-256 key (IIRC). This key is stored in the database, alongside with the hash of the block. All blocks are associated to each accounts using said hash, and when downloaded via the client or web interface it's decrypted using the previous key.

Now, as I've understood it that database is only available to the server software, not the DB team. However, it stands to reason that the DB credentials needs to be stored in a readable manner, and as such those hashes and their accompanying keys are indeed available to the database administrator.

Does EN go that far? The "encrypted" portions of our notes appear to be indexable, just give us that level of encryption on every note automatically. DB and EN will be hacked. If cloud computing is gonna work for storage, we probably need to be doing indexing on the client end (computer, phone whatever) with full storage on each device syncing to a dumb encrypted image of the database on the back end. I know this gets rid of cool stuff like OCR of uploaded pictures, but... the hack is coming.

And DB, for all its flaws, seems more secure to me than EN.

The key metric for us is the number of new SSL connections that we can establish per second. Some vendors use other numbers that aren't quite the same thing:

http://devcentral.f5.com/weblogs/macvit ... r-ssl.aspx

The expensive part of SSL is the handshake at the beginning of the connection. The cost of individual HTTP requests over the established tunnel are a fraction of the cost of just establishing the connection.

2500 new connections per second from a single box will be more than enough for the next 12 months. We're processing about 5.2 million HTTP requests per hour during peak times, or a bit over 1000 per second, but most of these requests come in on the same SSL connection due to Keep-Alive. So this one box can handle about 8x more than we're currently sending at it. When we need more capacity (or, more precisely, BEFORE we need more capacity), we can add another box to double it.

A10 sells more expensive units, and we can upgrade to those if needed, but the math on this unit seemed to be ideal for us ... much more horsepower than we need today, and a smooth upgrade path to add more capacity later. If we get to the point in 3 years where we're running 7 of these and need a lot more capacity, we can throw a big pile of money at some gargantuan box. But the A10 list price of $10 per new-ssl-connection-per-second looks pretty good.

OK, so you are using SSL over HTTP and TPS is the number of unique TCP SSL sockets you can setup per second. This also has a lot to do with the cipher strength, but ultimately you are going to hit capacity on a single box as soon as you double your capacity (or when someone changes the cert renegotiation timer which will cause a bunch or re-negotiations). At 5.2m HTTP RPS you are at 14,444 rps down that pipe. Let's say you are at 14-1 and you only have the need for 1000 TPS. A simple failover event or flapping of a stateful conneciton in between could cause a bunch of users the need to re-register their connections which could potentially flood that box.

If you are adding a10s to the mix to add capacity and keeping the citrix boxes online to distribute traffic over the a10s, you are also eating power and adding another point of failure in the mix. a10's can load-balance and offload SSL at the same time in the same box.

Are your connections SSL to the backend as well or clear text? You can create end-to-end encryption and have Layer-7 load-balancing functions on a single platform from a couple of different vendors. This may help with some additional security concerns as well.

A10 charging you $10 per SSL connection is not a good price. You can get a much better deal elsewhere on a per SSL TPS basis. I'd call a10 and ask them to fix this and call f5 and Citrix to see if they can offer something better.

jwhaworth -

Virtually all traffic is now going over SSL, so there's no benefit to optimizing plaintext transit (which is trivial to scale to gigabit speeds even with lower-end hardware). For the metric that matters to us, the A10 boxes offer several times the price/performance of the big guys we evaluated (F5, Cisco, Citrix).

If you just want to see how good they are at a different arbitrary performance number that also isn't our bottleneck, see http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-15090618943813_2086_0 from http://buyloadbalancers.com/lobare20.html

The one A10 box is handling 100% of all of the traffic coming into our data center now, and is hovering at around 20% CPU utilization on the busiest day in the history of our company (thanks, Apple!). So we're pretty happy with it so far. Their configuration has also been easier than others we've used, and the management interfaces have been well designed. Power usage is comparable to our old boxes, etc.

Our folks have lots of experience with all of the other major vendors from previous jobs, so we felt pretty comfortable with our evaluation and testing of the A10.

The one A10 box is handling 100% of all of the traffic coming into our data center now, and is hovering at around 20% CPU utilization on the busiest day in the history of our company (thanks, Apple!). So we're pretty happy with it so far. Their configuration has also been easier than others we've used, and the management interfaces have been well designed. Power usage is comparable to our old boxes, etc.

Our folks have lots of experience with all of the other major vendors from previous jobs, so we felt pretty comfortable with our evaluation and testing of the A10.

Ah! Finally! Just what I was about to ask. :( I've heard about the bad migration issues for people who already have an existing app that is featured within the Mac App Store. For Evernote users, do we have to completely uninstall Evernote and reinstall the app inside the Mac App Store?

• Level 5

Ah! Finally! Just what I was about to ask. :( I've heard about the bad migration issues for people who already have an existing app that is featured within the Mac App Store. For Evernote users, do we have to completely uninstall Evernote and reinstall the app inside the Mac App Store?

In the comment section of the story about the Mac store

http://blog.evernote.com/2011/01/06/evernote-now-available-in-the-mac-app-store/

Andrew Sinkov said: "We suggest using the version you already have installed."

The email problems have been resolved, and you should have received all queued emails.

If you have the existing Mac client, there's really no advantage to switching to the App Store version. I.e. you won't see any new features that aren't in the normal download from our web site.

Three out of the six arrived a couple of hours ago. It's 11 hours now, and three are still missing. It's not a real problem, because I transferred the info to my Mac and made up the notes I wanted there, but I'm new to EN and not sure how long these things normally take.

I'm really enjoying EN :).

An email sent to my EN account at 4:06 pm PST today has failed. Exchange server reported it kept trying, then just now (6:23 PM) it reported that it tried one last time and failed again.

So email is not working.

This has been going on too long. I use the email feature as an important part of my Evernote workflow. I opened a ticket yesterday with support and I only get a reply when the queue has cleared. The last email to support (9 hours ago) has gone unanswered and I assume I'll just get the same 'queue has cleared' reply. Does Evernote treat the SMTP gateway to our notebooks as a critical part of the infrastructure or is it some dusty re-used box that they reboot when someone here complains? I am very disappointed at the unreliability of the service right now

Evernote Support is officially open M-F, excluding US holidays. Premium members receive a reply within 24 hours on Business days.

Free users are handled in the order received, although this week they may have received a bulk reply sooner and been placed back into their spot in the free queue if their subject line made it seem they were reporting one of the known errors.

If you submitted a request 9 hours ago, and you're a Premium member, you'll receive a response no later than COB Monday.

• 4 months later...

Seems to be the season of ***** happens. Last.fm is the newest addition to the list.

We initially saw problems with this system a week ago, and carried out both a component swap out and reload of the software, which we thought had resolved the problem. When it failed again, our hardware service partners concluded we must be looking at a backplane fault, and shipped us a new chassis.

The backplane in this sort of system is essentially just a passive circuit board, so faults of this kind are most unusual. It wasn’t until we removed the old chassis that we discovered a large amount of grime covering its intake vents, which is not what you expect in a data centre with large air filtration and cooling systems.

It turns out that some of the air intake for this hosting facility is pulled in fresh off the roof, and the adjacent building houses the exhaust stack from the diesel generators used as back up power. In a suitably ironic fashion, the diesel exhaust was being pulled into the air conditioning system, depositing fine particulates on surfaces, including our hardware.

http://blog.last.fm/2011/05/25/dont-mix-networks-and-exhaust-fumes

One more thing to add to the facility checklists.

And, one more reiteration of the importance of effective and timely communication with users.

• 1 year later...

I think I am having the same problem :(

14:19:42 [2796] 0% * saved updateCount: 85614

14:19:42 [2796] 0% Updating server items

14:19:42 [2796] 67% Creating server note "Adcon notes .pdf"

14:21:45 [2796] 67% Can't send HTTP request, error: INTERNET_CONNECTION_RESET

14:21:45 [2796] 67% Session terminated abnormally, elapsed time: 2m 7s

14:21:45 [2796] 67% * sent: 138B, received: 80B

14:21:45 [2796] 67% * 2m 7s (100%) spent in EDAM RPC

14:25:13 [2796] 67% Authentication token refreshed, new token valid for 1h 0m 0s

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Jonathan>tracert www.evernote.com

Tracing route to www.evernote.com [204.154.94.81]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1

2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 172.31.35.205

3 * * * Request timed out.

4 1079 ms 754 ms 799 ms 10.254.55.188

5 704 ms 639 ms 614 ms 10.250.55.1

6 658 ms 639 ms 614 ms 10.250.55.30

7 859 ms 774 ms 820 ms r1.nsw.skymesh.net.au [180.181.0.250]

8 884 ms 654 ms 1720 ms ge-0-0-3-919.bdr01.syd03.nsw.VOCUS.net.au [114.3

1.193.18]

9 799 ms 799 ms 800 ms ge-0-1-3.cor02.syd03.nsw.VOCUS.net.au [114.31.19

2.70]

10 799 ms 799 ms 799 ms ten-0-2-0-0.cor03.syd03.nsw.VOCUS.net.au [175.45

.72.120]

11 783 ms 799 ms 774 ms ten-0-5-0-1.cor01.syd04.nsw.VOCUS.net.au [175.45

.72.118]

12 773 ms 999 ms 1041 ms ge-0-0-0-52.bdr01.sjc01.ca.VOCUS.net.au [114.31.

199.36]

13 1556 ms 1039 ms 2640 ms ten-0-0-0.bdr02.sjc01.ca.VOCUS.net [114.31.199.1

91]

14 1057 ms 1085 ms 1240 ms 10gigabitethernet3-2.core1.sjc1.he.net [64.71.18

4.45]

15 771 ms 825 ms 815 ms 10gigabitethernet2-1.core1.sjc2.he.net [72.52.92

.118]

16 796 ms 799 ms 814 ms sjo-bb1-link.telia.net [213.248.67.105]

17 799 ms 799 ms 799 ms level3-ic-132050-sjo-bb1.c.telia.net [213.248.68

.170]

18 872 ms 905 ms 1014 ms ae-11-60.car1.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.69.152.3]

19 1038 ms 1559 ms 779 ms EVERNOTE-CO.car1.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.59.221.1

70]

20 1096 ms 1039 ms 1082 ms fw02-b0.evernote.com [204.154.94.5]

21 * * * Request timed out.

22 * * * Request timed out.

23 * * * Request timed out.

24 * * * Request timed out.

25 * * * Request timed out.

26 * * * Request timed out.

27 * * * Request timed out.

28 * * * Request timed out.

29 * * * Request timed out.

30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Jonathan>

• 7 months later...

Emailed Evernote with little response.... Have uninstalled reinstalled MANY times. Here is most recent activity log:

Evernote for Windows 4.6.5.8353 (268861) Public
User: kevinjc96
Memory: 51.1MB
Created: 2013/05/12 12:24:55
---
Bootstrap info: loadedFresh
<bootstrap_info><profile name="Evernote"><settings account_email_domain="m.evernote.com" enable_facebook_sharing="1" enable_gift_subscriptions="1" enable_linkedin_sharing="1" enable_shared_notebooks="1" enable_single_notesharing="1" enable_sponsored_accounts="1" enable_support_tickets="1" enable_twitter_sharing="1" marketing_url="http://evernote.com" service_host="www.evernote.com" support_url="https://evernote.com/contact/support/"/></profile></bootstrap_info>
---

Log opened on 2013/05/11 23:55:01 (UTC-7:00)

23:55:01 [7708] Command line: C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe
23:55:01 [7708] Client info: Evernote Windows/268861; Windows/6.2.9200;
23:55:01 [7708] Bootstrap info: Evernote (loadedBundled)
23:55:02 [7708] Created SendTo shortcut:
23:55:02 [7708] * link: "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\Evernote.lnk"
23:55:02 [7708] * path: "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe"
23:55:02 [6476] Requesting bootstrap info from "www.evernote.com" (en-US)
23:55:02 [6476] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com
23:55:02 [6476] 0% Session terminated normally, elapsed time: 0s
23:55:02 [6476] 0% * sent: 99B, received: 240B
23:55:02 [6476] 0% * 0s (100%) spent in EDAM RPC
23:55:02 [6476] Bootstrap info: request to "www.evernote.com" returned profiles: Evernote
23:55:02 [6476] Bootstrap info: Evernote (loadedFresh)
23:55:14 [1448] 0% Authenticating user "kevinchenemail96@gmail.com"
23:55:16 [7708] Opened database: C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases\kevinjc96.exb (83.6MB Fixed)
23:55:23 [5320] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * loaded updateCount: 1394
23:55:23 [5320] 0% Synchronizing ads
23:55:23 [5320] 0% Reporting 20 ads, language: "en-US"
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * clientProperty: [client]=[EvernoteWindows]
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=576, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=782, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=577, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=578, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=720, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=634, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=758, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=774, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=756, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=777, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=704, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=752, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=735, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=628, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=687, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=703, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=646, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=751, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=749, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:23 [5320] 0% * ad id=738, impression time=0 count=0
23:55:24 [5320] 0% Retrieving 20 ads
23:55:24 [5320] 0% * ad id=759 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/759" image/jpeg 18.4KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=759&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=94.651447 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 5% * ad id=782 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Yam Labs" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/782" image/jpeg 8.1KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=782&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=86.024576 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 10% * ad id=756 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Livescribe" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/756" image/jpeg 14.7KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=756&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=84.836619 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 15% * ad id=752 size=(125x125) advertiserName="OneBrowser/Tencent" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/752" image/jpeg 13.8KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=752&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=75.263827 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 20% * ad id=749 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Livescribe" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/749" image/jpeg 5.0KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=749&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=65.524864 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 25% * ad id=774 size=(125x125) advertiserName="CrashPlan" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/774" image/png 7.9KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=774&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=56.381496 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 30% * ad id=577 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/577" image/jpeg 13.9KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=577&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=55.017235 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 35% * ad id=758 size=(125x125) advertiserName="iHealth" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/758" image/jpeg 40.8KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=758&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=54.499375 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 40% * ad id=578 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Skitch" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/578" image/jpeg 13.5KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=578&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=48.292991 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 45% * ad id=735 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Moleskine" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/735" image/jpeg 24.7KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=735&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=36.505293 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 50% * ad id=634 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/634" image/jpeg 17.1KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=634&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=35.808248 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 55% * ad id=576 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/576" image/jpeg 16.6KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=576&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=35.316567 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 60% * ad id=720 size=(125x125) advertiserName="EvernoteBusiness" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/720" image/jpeg 10.3KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=720&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=22.209067 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 65% * ad id=687 size=(125x125) advertiserName="WorkETC" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/687" image/jpeg 5.7KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=687&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=21.293696 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 70% * ad id=703 size=(125x125) advertiserName="LIveMinutes" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/703" image/jpeg 42.5KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=703&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=13.992400 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 75% * ad id=646 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Eye-Fi (P)" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/646" image/jpeg 43.1KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=646&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=11.249949 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 80% * ad id=704 size=(125x125) advertiserName="LIveMinutes" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/704" image/jpeg 39.3KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=704&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=10.343307 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 85% * ad id=777 size=(125x125) advertiserName="RightSignature" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/777" image/png 9.2KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=777&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=7.351345 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 90% * ad id=754 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Dispatch" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/754" image/png 3.6KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=754&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=6.589946 openInTrunk=0
23:55:24 [5320] 95% * ad id=751 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/751" image/jpeg 4.9KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=751&u=23097456&a=evernote%20windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=6.027196 openInTrunk=0
23:55:25 [5320] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=1
23:55:25 [5320] 0% Client updateCount=1394, server updateCount=1406
23:55:25 [5320] 0% Retrieving list of changes from the server
23:55:25 [5320] 0% * saved 1 sync chunks, updateCount=1406
23:55:25 [5320] 0% Synchronizing 4 notes
23:55:26 [5320] 0% Creating local note "New Note", resource count: 0
23:55:26 [5320] 0% * guid={D812CBBA-1CE8-44DF-AD5C-C095D6F1DAC4}
23:55:26 [5320] 0% * Retrieving note data, total size=2231
23:55:26 [5320] 14% Creating local note "Unit 4 Questions Missed", resource count: 0
23:55:26 [5320] 14% * guid={DBC5A477-FD91-4363-9B96-748EE4246668}
23:55:26 [5320] 14% * Retrieving note data, total size=8579
23:55:26 [5320] 29% Creating local note "Civil Rights in America", resource count: 0
23:55:26 [5320] 29% * guid={89ECB6E2-29BC-4BFF-B5DA-50D437194E2C}
23:55:26 [5320] 29% * Retrieving note data, total size=2678
23:55:26 [5320] 43% Updating local note "Derivation of Geometric Summation For...", resource count: 3
23:55:26 [5320] 43% * guid={8AE4D433-C5E6-439F-924A-FE95FC8CC954}
23:55:26 [5320] 43% * Retrieving note content, length=4506
23:55:26 [5320] 43% * guid={8ae4d433-c5e6-439f-924a-fe95fc8cc954}
23:55:26 [5320] 43% * Updating local resource "4bff6bb95df76402ba01fd332a8d75c6"
23:55:26 [5320] 43% * rsrc={D0C2D3A7-5B55-4AAA-8DB1-AACD79959BE6}, note={8ae4d433-c5e6-439f-924a-fe95fc8cc954}
23:55:26 [5320] 50% * Updating local resource "68e5752e25521ba956d0b71dc31f812f"
23:55:26 [5320] 50% * rsrc={79A2D55F-F9DA-4C2F-B7B2-D8EC22AC7D5B}, note={8ae4d433-c5e6-439f-924a-fe95fc8cc954}
23:55:26 [5320] 60% * Updating local resource "ef788f8e03ed2f4fb14332c4e0dbda72"
23:55:26 [5320] 60% * rsrc={2FD8A17E-4D56-406D-BE3E-081D1F1B5244}, note={8ae4d433-c5e6-439f-924a-fe95fc8cc954}
23:55:27 [5320] 100% * saved updateCount: 1406
23:55:27 [5320] 0% Updating server items
23:55:27 [5320] 50% Creating server note "Danielle's 16th", resource count: 1
23:57:15 [4800] AutoUpdate: checking for update at: http://update.evernote.com/public/ENWin4/update.xml
23:57:15 [4800] Received status code 200 when accessing URL http://update.evernote.com/public/ENWin4/update.xml
23:57:15 [4800] AutoUpdate: no update found, remote revision is the same as the local revision (268861)
23:57:16 [4800] Received status code 200 when accessing URL http://update.evernote.com/public/ENWin4/ReleaseNotes_4.6.5.8353_en-us.html
23:57:36 [5320] 50% Can't query HTTP request info (status code), error: INTERNET_INCORRECT_HANDLE_STATE, last error: HTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE
23:57:36 [5320] 50% Session terminated abnormally, elapsed time: 2m 13s
23:57:36 [5320] 50% * sent: 1.7KB, received: 378KB
23:57:36 [5320] 50% * 2m 11s (99%) spent in EDAM RPC
23:59:15 [6580] AutoUpdate: checking for update at: http://update.evernote.com/public/ENWin4/update.xml
23:59:15 [6580] Received status code 200 when accessing URL http://update.evernote.com/public/ENWin4/update.xml
23:59:15 [6580] AutoUpdate: no update found, remote revision is the same as the local revision (268861)
23:59:15 [6580] Received status code 200 when accessing URL http://update.evernote.com/public/ENWin4/ReleaseNotes_4.6.5.8353_en-us.html
00:10:57 [7708] APM event: PBT_APMSUSPEND
02:59:33 [7708] APM event: PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC
02:59:36 [7708] APM event: PBT_APMSUSPEND
12:10:31 [7708] APM event: PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC
12:10:31 [7708] APM event: PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND
12:11:31 [5320] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com
12:11:31 [5320] 0% * loaded updateCount: 1406
12:11:31 [5320] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=1
12:11:31 [5320] 0% Client updateCount=1406, server updateCount=1419
12:11:31 [5320] 0% Retrieving list of changes from the server
12:11:32 [5320] 0% * saved 1 sync chunks, updateCount=1419
12:11:32 [5320] 0% Synchronizing 1 tag
12:11:32 [5320] 0% Updating local tag "Cards"
12:11:32 [5320] 0% * guid={A06EB83E-831C-447B-B98B-BD765E88B620}
12:11:32 [5320] 20% Synchronizing 2 notes
12:11:32 [5320] 20% Updating local note "10-29", resource count: 0
12:11:32 [5320] 20% * guid={D812CBBA-1CE8-44DF-AD5C-C095D6F1DAC4}
12:11:32 [5320] 20% * Retrieving note content, length=415
12:11:32 [5320] 20% * guid={d812cbba-1ce8-44df-ad5c-c095d6f1dac4}
12:11:32 [5320] 40% Creating local note "Mothers Day 13", resource count: 2
12:11:32 [5320] 40% * guid={24758470-C7DD-4B9E-84A4-FF0706FF0E09}
12:11:32 [5320] 40% * Retrieving note data, total size=2392930
12:11:34 [5320] 40% * Creating local resource "95b690b3f87b18a823eaf52196f92c3a"
12:11:34 [5320] 40% * rsrc={FF45E9F8-6889-4FE5-837F-68133BF1F17A}, note={24758470-c7dd-4b9e-84a4-ff0706ff0e09}
12:11:34 [5320] 50% * Creating local resource "ab12a431d50b5a148d089b05fc8c0a00"
12:11:34 [5320] 50% * rsrc={AB79A47F-AFF1-4827-8403-2C1C14EF182C}, note={24758470-c7dd-4b9e-84a4-ff0706ff0e09}
12:11:35 [5320] 100% * saved updateCount: 1419
12:11:35 [5320] 0% Updating server items
12:11:35 [5320] 50% Creating server note "Danielle's 16th", resource count: 1
12:14:29 [5320] 50% Can't query HTTP request info (status code), error: INTERNET_INCORRECT_HANDLE_STATE, last error: HTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE
12:14:29 [5320] 50% Session terminated abnormally, elapsed time: 2m 58s
12:14:29 [5320] 50% * sent: 699B, received: 2.3MB
12:14:29 [5320] 50% * 2m 56s (99%) spent in EDAM RPC
12:24:26 [7708] Command line: "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe" 
12:24:28 [5320] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com
12:24:28 [5320] 0% * loaded updateCount: 1419
12:24:28 [5320] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=1
12:24:28 [5320] 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount=1419
12:24:28 [5320] 0% * saved updateCount: 1419
12:24:28 [5320] 0% Updating server items

THe thing is, this is only on my laptop which is connected to the same network as my desktop which syncs PERFECTLY. Android phone works fine too.
  • Level 5*

Emailed Evernote with little response.... Have uninstalled reinstalled MANY times. Here is most recent activity log:

---

<bootstrap_info><profile name="Evernote"><settings account_email_domain="m.evernote.com" enable_facebook_sharing="1" enable_gift_subscriptions="1" enable_linkedin_sharing="1" enable_shared_notebooks="1" enable_single_notesharing="1" enable_sponsored_accounts="1" enable_support_tickets="1" enable_twitter_sharing="1" marketing_url="http://evernote.com" service_host="www.evernote.com" support_url="https://evernote.com/contact/support/"/></profile></bootstrap_info>

---

23:55:01 [7708] Command line: C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe

23:55:02 [7708] * link: "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\Evernote.lnk"

23:55:02 [7708] * path: "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe"

23:55:02 [6476] Bootstrap info: request to "www.evernote.com" returned profiles: Evernote

23:55:16 [7708] Opened database: C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases\kevinjc96.exb (83.6MB Fixed)

23:55:24 [5320] 0% * ad id=759 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/759" image/jpeg 18.4KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=759&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=94.651447 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 5% * ad id=782 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Yam Labs" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/782" image/jpeg 8.1KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=782&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=86.024576 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 10% * ad id=756 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Livescribe" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/756" image/jpeg 14.7KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=756&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=84.836619 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 15% * ad id=752 size=(125x125) advertiserName="OneBrowser/Tencent" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/752" image/jpeg 13.8KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=752&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=75.263827 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 20% * ad id=749 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Livescribe" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/749" image/jpeg 5.0KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=749&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=65.524864 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 25% * ad id=774 size=(125x125) advertiserName="CrashPlan" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/774" image/png 7.9KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=774&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=56.381496 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 30% * ad id=577 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/577" image/jpeg 13.9KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=577&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=55.017235 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 35% * ad id=758 size=(125x125) advertiserName="iHealth" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/758" image/jpeg 40.8KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=758&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=54.499375 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 40% * ad id=578 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Skitch" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/578" image/jpeg 13.5KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=578&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=48.292991 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 45% * ad id=735 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Moleskine" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/735" image/jpeg 24.7KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=735&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=36.505293 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 50% * ad id=634 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/634" image/jpeg 17.1KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=634&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=35.808248 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 55% * ad id=576 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/576" image/jpeg 16.6KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=576&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=35.316567 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 60% * ad id=720 size=(125x125) advertiserName="EvernoteBusiness" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/720" image/jpeg 10.3KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=720&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=22.209067 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 65% * ad id=687 size=(125x125) advertiserName="WorkETC" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/687" image/jpeg 5.7KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=687&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=21.293696 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 70% * ad id=703 size=(125x125) advertiserName="LIveMinutes" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/703" image/jpeg 42.5KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=703&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=13.992400 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 75% * ad id=646 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Eye-Fi (P)" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/646" image/jpeg 43.1KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=646&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=11.249949 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 80% * ad id=704 size=(125x125) advertiserName="LIveMinutes" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/704" image/jpeg 39.3KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=704&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=10.343307 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 85% * ad id=777 size=(125x125) advertiserName="RightSignature" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/777" image/png 9.2KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=777&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=7.351345 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 90% * ad id=754 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Dispatch" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/754" image/png 3.6KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=754&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=6.589946 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 95% * ad id=751 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/751" image/jpeg 4.9KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=751&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=6.027196 openInTrunk=0

23:55:26 [5320] 14% Creating local note "Unit 4 Questions Missed", resource count: 0

23:55:26 [5320] 29% Creating local note "Civil Rights in America", resource count: 0

23:55:26 [5320] 43% Updating local note "Derivation of Geometric Summation For...", resource count: 3

23:55:26 [5320] 43% * Updating local resource "4bff6bb95df76402ba01fd332a8d75c6"

23:55:26 [5320] 43% * rsrc={D0C2D3A7-5B55-4AAA-8DB1-AACD79959BE6}, note={8ae4d433-c5e6-439f-924a-fe95fc8cc954}

23:55:26 [5320] 50% * Updating local resource "68e5752e25521ba956d0b71dc31f812f"

23:55:26 [5320] 50% * rsrc={79A2D55F-F9DA-4C2F-B7B2-D8EC22AC7D5B}, note={8ae4d433-c5e6-439f-924a-fe95fc8cc954}

23:55:26 [5320] 60% * Updating local resource "ef788f8e03ed2f4fb14332c4e0dbda72"

23:55:26 [5320] 60% * rsrc={2FD8A17E-4D56-406D-BE3E-081D1F1B5244}, note={8ae4d433-c5e6-439f-924a-fe95fc8cc954}

23:57:15 [4800] AutoUpdate: checking for update at: http://update.evernote.com/public/ENWin4/update.xml

23:57:15 [4800] Received status code 200 when accessing URL http://update.evernote.com/public/ENWin4/update.xml

23:57:15 [4800] AutoUpdate: no update found, remote revision is the same as the local revision (268861)

23:57:16 [4800] Received status code 200 when accessing URL http://update.evernote.com/public/ENWin4/ReleaseNotes_4.6.5.8353_en-us.html

23:57:36 [5320] 50% Can't query HTTP request info (status code), error: INTERNET_INCORRECT_HANDLE_STATE, last error: HTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE

23:59:15 [6580] AutoUpdate: checking for update at: http://update.evernote.com/public/ENWin4/update.xml

23:59:15 [6580] Received status code 200 when accessing URL http://update.evernote.com/public/ENWin4/update.xml

23:59:15 [6580] AutoUpdate: no update found, remote revision is the same as the local revision (268861)

23:59:15 [6580] Received status code 200 when accessing URL http://update.evernote.com/public/ENWin4/ReleaseNotes_4.6.5.8353_en-us.html

12:11:34 [5320] 40% * Creating local resource "95b690b3f87b18a823eaf52196f92c3a"

12:11:34 [5320] 40% * rsrc={FF45E9F8-6889-4FE5-837F-68133BF1F17A}, note={24758470-c7dd-4b9e-84a4-ff0706ff0e09}

12:11:34 [5320] 50% * Creating local resource "ab12a431d50b5a148d089b05fc8c0a00"

12:11:34 [5320] 50% * rsrc={AB79A47F-AFF1-4827-8403-2C1C14EF182C}, note={24758470-c7dd-4b9e-84a4-ff0706ff0e09}

12:14:29 [5320] 50% Can't query HTTP request info (status code), error: INTERNET_INCORRECT_HANDLE_STATE, last error: HTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE

12:24:26 [7708] Command line: "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe" 

THe thing is, this is only on my laptop which is connected to the same network as my desktop which syncs PERFECTLY. Android phone works fine too.

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Could you tell us what you mean by little response? What did they say? Also, could you provide the ticket number here so that staff can follow up on it?

---

---

23:55:24 [5320] 0% * ad id=759 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/759" image/jpeg 18.4KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=759&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=94.651447 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 5% * ad id=782 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Yam Labs" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/782" image/jpeg 8.1KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=782&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=86.024576 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 10% * ad id=756 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Livescribe" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/756" image/jpeg 14.7KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=756&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=84.836619 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 15% * ad id=752 size=(125x125) advertiserName="OneBrowser/Tencent" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/752" image/jpeg 13.8KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=752&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=75.263827 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 20% * ad id=749 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Livescribe" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/749" image/jpeg 5.0KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=749&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=65.524864 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 25% * ad id=774 size=(125x125) advertiserName="CrashPlan" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/774" image/png 7.9KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=774&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=56.381496 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 30% * ad id=577 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/577" image/jpeg 13.9KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=577&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=55.017235 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 35% * ad id=758 size=(125x125) advertiserName="iHealth" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/758" image/jpeg 40.8KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=758&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=54.499375 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 40% * ad id=578 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Skitch" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/578" image/jpeg 13.5KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=578&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=48.292991 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 45% * ad id=735 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Moleskine" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/735" image/jpeg 24.7KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=735&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=36.505293 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 50% * ad id=634 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/634" image/jpeg 17.1KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=634&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=35.808248 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 55% * ad id=576 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/576" image/jpeg 16.6KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=576&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=35.316567 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 60% * ad id=720 size=(125x125) advertiserName="EvernoteBusiness" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/720" image/jpeg 10.3KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=720&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=22.209067 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 65% * ad id=687 size=(125x125) advertiserName="WorkETC" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/687" image/jpeg 5.7KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=687&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=21.293696 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 70% * ad id=703 size=(125x125) advertiserName="LIveMinutes" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/703" image/jpeg 42.5KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=703&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=13.992400 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 75% * ad id=646 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Eye-Fi (P)" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/646" image/jpeg 43.1KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=646&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=11.249949 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 80% * ad id=704 size=(125x125) advertiserName="LIveMinutes" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/704" image/jpeg 39.3KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=704&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=10.343307 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 85% * ad id=777 size=(125x125) advertiserName="RightSignature" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/777" image/png 9.2KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=777&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=7.351345 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 90% * ad id=754 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Dispatch" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/754" image/png 3.6KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=754&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=6.589946 openInTrunk=0

23:55:24 [5320] 95% * ad id=751 size=(125x125) advertiserName="Evernote" imageUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/img/751" image/jpeg 4.9KB destinationUrl="https://www.evernote.com/prom/click?i=751&u=23097456&a=evernote windows&v=268861" displaySeconds=120 score=6.027196 openInTrunk=0

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Could you tell us what you mean by little response? What did they say? Also, could you provide the ticket number here so that staff can follow up on it?

Sure thing! So it was ticket #19598 and they told me to uninstall and reinstall (which I did several times) and then I think the rep thought I was running the windows 8 app, not the desktop version so he told me to logout and log back in via the charms bar. Nothign works. Desktop and phone work perfectly as I said. 

Given that your desktop syncs, perhaps you could try to manually copy the database from the desktop to the laptop.  Make sure you export any new notes you may have created on the laptop first.  Ensure the desktop is synced, check where your exb file is stored (in Tools/Options) then sign out and exit Evernote.

Copy the exb file from the desktop to the appropriate location on the laptop, overwriting the existing copy (after signing out completely and exiting from EN on the laptop as well).  Then restart EN on the laptop and sync.  Import any additional notes you exported earlier and hopefully things work out!

Good luck!

Archived