(Archived) Evernote Android -- suggest enable multiple window feature or inline attachments.

sandee

I recently bought a Samsung Note 8.0 after using Evernote extensively on apple platforms for lesson plans. Evernote has been invaluable to me.  One of the things that made me choose Evernote was the fact that I could see attachments inline in the notes when I wanted to.  This doesn't seem possible on my Android tablet, so Evernote isn't very useful, even though I bought the tablet (with s-pen) specifically to use for lesson plans.

1.  So I would like to see an option to view attachments inline.  Or else I would like to be able to use Evernote in the multiple windows available on the platform so that I could see the attachment in a pdf reader and the Evernote note in the other window.  Or perhaps I could use Skitch in one window once it reads pdfs.  

2.  Also,a big problem with Evernote for Android now is the editing capability on an Android tablet.  You can only edit line by line, can't remove spaces, and can't do major editing.  

3.  Finally, of course, I'd like to see the s-pen enabled on and Evernote note itself, but I realize that this may be somewhat specific to the Samsung Note.  

Would like to know what other features are important to people using Android tablets.  

• Level 5*

Would like to know what other features are important to people using Android tablets.

I'd suggest that you read the other topics in this forum that are tagged with "Android" to get a sense of what's important to other people.
  • 5 months later...

If Android is making you edit a note line by line it is because when/how you transferred the note it has web formatting in the note. Try this, on a PC/mac copy the note out to a plain text editor such as notepad, etc, then copy that and paste in to a new note. It will not remove the formatting if you use Word or other rich text editor. Save and then try to edit on your android device.

It worked for me.

I too would like Evernote to be able to be opened in multi-window so I can review one research note while I am writing in another note. I see several posts where people are asking for this feature. A Browncoat stated it is in the backlog, but on the list. No timeframe though.

I have been meaning to try S-Note and Evernote in multi-window. I have the Note 3 and apparently S-Note syncs with Evernote. Though i have not tried it yet to see if it's feasible.

Hope that helps,

-Chad

• Level 5*

If Android is making you edit a note line by line it is because when/how you transferred the note it has web formatting in the note. Try this, on a PC/mac copy the note out to a plain text editor such as notepad, etc, then copy that and paste in to a new note. It will not remove the formatting if you use Word or other rich text editor. Save and then try to edit on your android device.

It worked for me.

I too would like Evernote to be able to be opened in multi-window so I can review one research note while I am writing in another note. I see several posts where people are asking for this feature. A Browncoat stated it is in the backlog, but on the list. No timeframe though.

I have been meaning to try S-Note and Evernote in multi-window. I have the Note 3 and apparently S-Note syncs with Evernote. Though i have not tried it yet to see if it's feasible.

Hope that helps,

-Chad

I'm not sure if Evernote has to change anything. I use a multi screen with Evernote now on my Galaxy III phone. Admittedly, I don't do much work on the phone, but presumably all you need is a Samsung tablet with this capability. Would you need a forked Android OS like my phone has to do this? Maybe. It'd be interesting to hear from anyone who knows.

Thanks for the hint about transferring notes in a different format.  

At the time of the original note, Evernote couldn't use Samsung's multi window function, but it can now on the Samsung Note 8.0 at least.  

Sandee

Archived