Snyc to different notebooks - feature request

Buki

Idea

Is it really not possible to sync different Penultimate noteboks to different Evernote notebooks? Seems that all Penultimate NBs can only be synced to one and the same Evernote notebook.

I'd really like to have this synced to different notebooks in Evernote.

Thanks

13 replies to this idea

I agree. I cannot justify the cost of buying an iPad and using Penultimate if I cannot encorporate my handwritten notes into the proper topic notebook. Ultimately, it would be even better to be able to put a Penultimate page within an Evernote notebook.

In reality, the functionality of Evernote should always strive to mimic real life. In real life, I could have a notebook that is full of handwritten pages  (Penultimate pages) mixed with printed pages (PDF's attached to Evernote notes) and some of my own typed pages that may have images (normal  Evernote notes). This would make Evernote/Penultimate/Skitch quicker to use than doing all this in real life. Right now it is a bit sluggish and cumbersome to structure notes/notebooks given the inability to mix notes of different types (Skitch, Penultimate, classic Evernote) in one notebook.

Yes!!! Come on, Evernote!! How is this NOT an option. I'm taking notes in three different grad school classes at a time - I want to be able to either set each Penultimate notebook to save as an individual note in an already created Evernote Class notebook OR have the ability to MOVE the Penultimate notes/notebooks to different notebooks in Evernote. HOW IS THIS NOT AN OPTION?!

Can we get a response from Evernote???

Until Penultimate is fully integrated into Evernote I continue using Noteshelf. You can sync to various EN notebooks. Mailing to EN works also perfect. And the pencils and palm protection is way better than Penultimate. Penultimate is nice but it has to be integrated into EN.

Handwritten notes mixed with typed text would be great. Like NoteSuite but a better. And as soon as you can tag and add reminders to handwritten notes, EN would become a real notebook replacement. At least for me.

You can move Penultimate notes in Evernote, and they are still editable in Penultimate, as well as remaining right where they are in Evernote when you do edit them.. It's 100% not ideal, but it can be done. There is much to improve in this area.

You can move Penultimate notes in Evernote, and they are still editable in Penultimate, as well as remaining right where they are in Evernote when you do edit them.. It's 100% not ideal, but it can be done. There is much to improve in this area.

I cannot move a note from the Penultimate notebook to another notebook. When I try, the notebook shows as "locked" and says " Ntes created by Penultimate are read only. use penultimate to edit."

Can anyone else move notes? I really need to be able to NYC my penultimate notebook with specific Evernote notebooks!

I also strongly request this feature.

For business it is essential as during the day we may have different note taking information in different note taking penultimate notebooks (e.g. meetings, notes, activity lists, week, monthly plans....) that will be later organized and tagged into different topics.

Just to put an example:

A back to back meeting day:

I have a penultimate meeting notes notebook that I use to keep track and record the minutes of my meetings. One my day is over, during my daily review I would like to attach those meeting notes and minutes to the notebooks (i.e. work projects) they are related to with corresponding tags if they need to be sorted by priority, etc....

I am keeping all my notes together as I really hope you guys can do it!!!!

Thanks!!!!

I cannot move a note from the Penultimate notebook to another notebook. When I try, the notebook shows as "locked" and says " Ntes created by Penultimate are read only. use penultimate to edit."

Can anyone else move notes? I really need to be able to NYC my penultimate notebook with specific Evernote notebooks!

DESKTOP Evernote: In the "Edit/View" panel of the Penultimate notebook, top left displays current notebook (default Penultimate). Just click on drop-down arrow to select different notebook to move. Sync....

I actually move it to different notebooks using my iPad or iPhone. Open the Penultimate note in your Evernote app, simply click on the notebook picker, change notebook and click Close. It will definitely put your pages where you want. Plus, any changes you make later on Penultimate synch and update the one you moved.

Yes, a little extra trouble but it's easy. Just second nature to me now.

I also have to chime in. I received a jotscript for Christmas and have just spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out why my Evernote notebooks were not loaded into Penultimate - especially since one of penultimate's first screens says "Syncing with Evernote"

It finally dawned on me that perhaps Penultimate doesn't load the Evernote notebooks - even though it implies that it does. And it is a reasonable expectation that it does load the notebooks. I had dreams [evidently foolish] that I could take notes In my existing Evernote notebooks without jumping through a bunch of convoluted hoops.

In my opinion this is an Epic Fail.

Archived