Username Change

Hi.

I have a... predicament withe the way my username displayed on Evernote.

When I created my account, the Username I created was ThePenIsBlue, referring to the funny scene in Liar Liar.

However, when it was displayed, it came up as thepenisblue. 
As you can see, the first thing that anyone notices in that name is "*****", a very embarrassing thing for my username to be considering the fact that I am a 13 year old girl and I don't want to attract any "unwanted attention"

Does anyone have any solutions as to how to solve this? Perhaps a username change?

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

P.S. Don't kill me for using Comic Sans.

post-133709-0-64015300-1367902861_thumb.

• Level 5*

Hi.

When I created my account, the Username I created was ThePenIsBlue, referring to the funny scene in Liar Liar.

As you can see, the first thing that anyone notices in that name is "*****", a very embarrassing thing for my username to be considering the fact that I am a 13 year old girl and I don't want to attract any "unwanted attention"

Does anyone have any solutions as to how to solve this? Perhaps a username change?

Thanks!

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I would contact customer support (see the link in my signature). The easiest solution might be to simply create a new account and move your notes into it, but they might be able to change the name for you.
  • 4 weeks later...

I want to do the same thing (though my username is not thepenisblue). I wonder why Evernote takes the caps out of the displayed name?? I tried creating a new account and found it not convenient as only one account can be under any email address. I put in a tech support ticket to Evernote (access this thru Settings) asking for advice on how to change my username. I'm awaiting the reply.

• Level 5*

I want to do the same thing (though my username is not thepenisblue). I wonder why Evernote takes the caps out of the displayed name?? I tried creating a new account and found it not convenient as only one account can be under any email address. I put in a tech support ticket to Evernote (access this thru Settings) asking for advice on how to change my username. I'm awaiting the reply.

I think only tech support can take care of this one. However, the email one is easy (I think). Create a fake account (Google), change your real one for that. Now your real one is free to use on the new account. All done. At least, that is how it should work in theory, and I have a vague recollection of doing it a couple of years ago :)

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to change my username but use the same email address but there is not settings that could do that so what I did was,

I went to the my evernote home page, went to "Account Settings", then went to "Security",  then went ahead and changed my current email address to a different one.

Then, I made a new account using my old email address with the new username that I wanted and it allowed me to create a new account.

So basically, in the end, I have 2 new accounts. One is linked to my original account, and the other one linked to a different account. I would just then deactivate that account and move my saved items over to my original account again.

• 6 months later...

So, I found that if you go to your account on the web version of evernote and go to personal settings it asks for your contact information and your "full name"

I went ahead and put my name in there and it changed the username that it set up for me (tommohr0) which I didn't enjoy at all to my name! So, you could try putting something in there that you would find more appealing and see if it would change.

Best of luck.

Very smart suggestion @realtohr!

Yes, our "Display name" pulls your username (by default) but will be overridden by what you have entered into the Full Name field. Username is displayed as lower-case due to the way our database is set up, but Full Name allows for capitalization.

So, if it is simply an issue in the way something is being displayed, rather than creating a new account, you may wish to fill out your online profile in your User Settings.

• 1 month later...

Very smart suggestion @realtohr!

Yes, our "Display name" pulls your username (by default) but will be overridden by what you have entered into the Full Name field. Username is displayed as lower-case due to the way our database is set up, but Full Name allows for capitalization.

So, if it is simply an issue in the way something is being displayed, rather than creating a new account, you may wish to fill out your online profile in your User Settings.

That works wonderful for the website.. How can I change it for the app? There's no option that I can find anywhere.

• 5 months later...

EN Windows:

I changed my Username few weeks ago (removing domain part from mail address): now, in the database folder in Windows, there are doubled files, one with old name and one with newer one.

Is there something wrong? Can I remove files with old username?

Cheers.  G

• 3 years later...
On 7/5/2013 at 10:31 AM, BananaMania said:

Hi.

Thanks!

post-133709-0-64015300-1367902861_thumb.

Agree

Archived