(Archived) Evernote for Windows 4.6.5 RC 2

dlu

Hello People of Evernote Windows!

We have an RC2 with some bug fixes, notably issues that have been brought up on the forums. We've fixed the issue with Evernote changing focus on the bar on the right, saved searches showing up with previous filters, the tab key causing font changes, and a few smaller fixes.

Please try it out and let us know.

• Level 5

Is this release designed so that 64-bit Windows users with version 4.6.2 will be able to leapfrog up to 4.6.5 and avoid the "Windows 2732" error?

I have tried downloading this 4 times, each seems to have failed. All give a "not a valid win32 application error"

Will have to try again tomorrow.

I have got it now, something on my end I guess.

• Level 5*

Much MUCH better! Totally usable in fact.

Not perfect though. In my view, the side bar should never jump. here are a few minor issues still remaining:

• I have more notebooks that will fit in the side bar, both personal and business. I have the business dropdown in my toolbar where I can have shortcuts, but when I click on any of them, the notebook list never scrolls quite far enough up where I can see it in the left pane. the notes show up fine.
  • Similarly, if am in a business notebook and select a personal notebook from the same way, it never scrolls up far enough to show the personal notebook in the left pane.
  • I have my @inbox as its own shortcut in that shortcut bar and if I am in a business notebook, when I click on @inbox, it will briefly scroll up to @inbox, then immediately scroll back down to the business notebook I was in, but the note list is the @inbox note list. If I am way at the bottom of my personal note books, then it goes to @inbox just fine.
  • Occassionally it will scroll the bar so the notebook I have selected becomes the first one on top. Minor annoyance. I should be able to click between visible notebooks in the left pane and it never move.

So it seems as if there is still an issue with the left pane when switching between personal and business notebooks.

However, on a scale of 1-10, the annoyance factor was 48 before. Now it is around 2 or 3. Many thanks for the improvements thus far!

• Level 5*

I think I've run across a new bug.

Autocomplete for tags no longer works when you have multiple notes selected and are filling in the grey box. This has long been an issue with business notes if the tags existed in the personal notebook, but now none works, no matter what type of notebook you are in.

Autocomplete works fine if in a single personal note.

• Level 5

Is this release designed so that 64-bit Windows users with version 4.6.2 will be able to leapfrog up to 4.6.5 and avoid the "Windows 2732" error?

Does Evernote staff want to comment on this question?

Does Evernote staff want to comment on this question?

Sorry to have been quiet on that. I sadly, couldn't remember which thread this comment was in and I didn't think to check this on.

The issue is with 4.6.3 so you should be able to go from 4.6.3 and leapfrog to 4.6.4 or 4.6.5 without any issue. We haven't seen any cases where there have been issues jumping from 4.6.2 to 4.6.4 Beta 1 or later

Archived