(Archived) No way to downgrade image size/quality?

darkNiGHTS

I have a lot of notes with images. For loading purposes/easy viewing, I would like to make the images smaller in resolution and size. I have a note with a bunch of pictures that are not rotated and I can't rotate them because whenever I try it says that it exceeds the size for Evernote Free. This would save Evernote's servers space and I'm sure others would like this feature.

• Level 5*

The only way currently is to edit them in an external program. MS Paint or Paint.Net should do the trick (there are probably others). Find the image, right-click, select Open With, and pick your photo editor of choice. Make your changes, and save. Evernote should pick up the change.

I have a lot of notes with images. For loading purposes/easy viewing, I would like to make the images smaller in resolution and size. I have a note with a bunch of pictures that are not rotated and I can't rotate them because whenever I try it says that it exceeds the size for Evernote Free. This would save Evernote's servers space and I'm sure others would like this feature.

It's best to do all image editing before adding the images to EN. I do this eventhough I have a premium account to conserve upload space.

The only way currently is to edit them in an external program. MS Paint or Paint.Net should do the trick (there are probably others). Find the image, right-click, select Open With, and pick your photo editor of choice. Make your changes, and save. Evernote should pick up the change.

This is perfect, thanks! My phone got sluggish loading notes with 25 2mp images from my crappy cell phone camera, no need having those images that big. Load times are already much better after loading into photoshop and crop/resize.

• Level 5*

Glad that that worked for you. BurgersNFries is right -- if you can do image editing before you load them into Evernote, then that's probably ideal, but often the capture happens first, andin the Windows client, at least, there's a not-too-difficult way around it.

• 3 months later...

Hello guys.

Sorry for reopen this discussion. However, Do you guys, think it can be a future feature in EN?

I think it´s so boring have another app just to resize my images, today our EN already do some image editions, so may be we can open a "Feature Request" for this issue.

makes sense?

Cheers

[]'s

• 3 months later...

It's best to do all image editing before adding the images to EN. I do this eventhough I have a premium account to conserve upload space.

Hi there,

And how should I correct images made by the page camera feature of the mobile app?

The page order gets shuffled (not the same sequence as shot), some pages get rotated, cropping is not always consistent... etc.

I think very basic editing (like rotating, cropping and file resizing) should be made part of the web app.

Best regards,

Maik

Archived