Wrist Protection and Page Turns

tnaseem

Idea

For some reason, I can't get the wrist protection to work. It doesn't appear to make a difference whether it's on or off.

I'm using a stylus (Adonis Jot Pro), and invariably I will get squiggles where my hand is resting when writing. More annoyingly, if I get to near the bottom half of the page, my palm will hit the page number, on the bottom right, and turn the page (sometimes several in quick succession!) as I write.

To alleviate the page turning problem I move the tools to the top (even though I prefer them at the bottom, as sometimes I use my thumb on the other hand to select the tools, etc while I write). However, if I then go into landscape mode, the page is back in the bottom right! Grrr...

I've played with all the wrist protection settings, etc but to no avail.

Anyone else having this problem? Evernote peeps, any chance to take a look and see how to alleviate this (page turning) problem?

13 replies to this idea

Hi, I've been having similar issues. I'm using a Pogo stylus, and it seems to do fine of a few letters then starts losing text (letter disappears once stylus leaves screen), or I get page turns. worst one for me - as you get near the bottom of the page the four finger 'up' gesture seems to get triggered and the app-switcher kicks in at the bottom of the screen. 

Seems one way they could get round this is by supporting stylus's like Pogo connect etc - I also use Procreate and it works great in that.

For some reason, I can't get the wrist protection to work. It doesn't appear to make a difference whether it's on or off.

I'm using a stylus (Adonis Jot Pro), and invariably I will get squiggles where my hand is resting when writing. More annoyingly, if I get to near the bottom half of the page, my palm will hit the page number, on the bottom right, and turn the page (sometimes several in quick succession!) as I write.

To alleviate the page turning problem I move the tools to the top (even though I prefer them at the bottom, as sometimes I use my thumb on the other hand to select the tools, etc while I write). However, if I then go into landscape mode, the page is back in the bottom right! Grrr...

I've played with all the wrist protection settings, etc but to no avail.

Anyone else having this problem? Evernote peeps, any chance to take a look and see how to alleviate this (page turning) problem?

Hey there, I'm having the exact same issue. I'm using the Adonis Jot Pro also on an iPad Mini. I'm making an effort to go paperless and I enjoy Evernote products a lot but this is a bit frustrating, especially when I'm in client meetings trying to take very quick notes.

It took me a little time to get used to it (maybe a month or so) and its still not perfect, but I find if you keep your palm fairly firmly on the page, you get far fewer squiggles. Penultimate seems to recognise which is your palm and which is your pen by their relative positions when they are both in contact but if your palm keeps lifting, that confuses it. I don't have the page turning problem with tools at the top and ipad orientation locked. I lock it upside down so I don't palm the home button when I'm near the bottom of the page.

I am also very frustrated by the 'smudges' and 'page turns' i get when resting my hand on screen. I have wrist protection switched on but it is clealy much too sensitive. It seems to me an obvious thing that people will rest their hands on screen in order to write accurately, but the technology is not allowing for this sufficiently. Come on Evernote, sort it out, my initial love affair with Penultimate is cooling rapidly! :( 

I am new to Evernote and Penultimate and am having the same issues with palm smudges like others have mentioned even with the wrist protection turned on.  I guess I need to use noteability instead, but it doesn't integrated with Evernote the way Penultimate does.

It would seem to be a generic set of problems, squiggles, page turning, app switching and disappearing text, I've had them all too so it would seem to be a software problem. It is irritating as I didn't get these problems with my finger (just couldn't see what I was writing,) now with the Jot Script I can see it perfectly, until the page turns!

Have not tried with Penultimate but I have used Noteability for a while. You might want to try wearing a long sleeved shirt and pulling the cuff half way over your hand as you write ( or get one of those fuzzy wrist guards they used when playing tennis back in the 70's ;) You may get a few chuckles doing this in a meeting but it works. Plus you have access to the entire screen and don't have to disable any multitasking gestures. 

I, too am having problems with the smudges...having tried several different wrist settings to no avail. I actually like UPAD the best of all the handwriting apps tried so far, especially because of their magnifier input window; large handwriting looks even better when it "reduces" on the actual page. I'm currently using a Precision Point stylus (non-blue tooth), but am seriously considering sending it back to Amazon, since, considering the cost, it's not much better than my Bamboo stylus.

Archived