Print & Font Problems - Evernote for Windows (7)

There are always some problems when printing from Evernote for Windows:

1. The fonts always print larger than selected. My default font in Evernote is Tahoma 10 pt. It actually prints at about 14 pts. instead!
  2. URL's have a strike-through in them?
  3. We cannot select to print a page number when printing long notes.

With regard to the first item, if I copy text from an Evernote that has text in Tahoma 10 into MS Word, it actually pastes in as Tahoma 13.5!

Can these issues be fixed in a future release of Evernote for Windows?

Thanks very much,

John

I support this complaint, as all three problems do exist and should be fixed. It might not seem a big deal to copy and paste into Word and print from it, but why do I have to do this to perform the simplest operations which Evernote is supposed to do?

• Level 5*

All I can offer you is the standard comment that the note editor is known to be basic.  Evernote never claimed it was anything like a word-processor in quality,  and although it has been suggested from time to time that there will be improvements,  there haven't been any comments on how far (or whether) things will get better.  It is possible to embed WP files into Evernote if you must have better quality,  and if you copy and paste the content into the note,  you get searchability as well as more layout control.

• 11 months later...

PLEASE fix this bug, Evernote.

I want to throw my request behind the others - I get that it's never meant to be a Word Processor, but it's marring the user experience of an otherwise near flawless product with a really basic useability problem.

I have a printout of a note in front of me that I've been trying to scan through while making pen notes on in short effect for a meeting coming up, but am now having to waste time going back to the E-version at the same time because half of the text on the printout is impossible to read.

From now on I'll try never to use italics of underline in notes as it's slightly less of an inconvenience than not being able to read the print, but even that's not a good solution (and doesn't help with text that's pasted uploaded or imported into a note as opposed to typed.

Come on guys and girls, this really needs fixed :)

• 3 months later...

Heheh - well, I'm pleased for you that you almost never print anything...

I too, don't print very often but, I am required to maintain a career 'ePortfolio' that (not without lashings of irony considering the 'e' in the name) will need to be printed to take to meetings/interviews. I can't currently present what I have without many hours of effort transferring it to another programme.

The simplicity of input and tagging within Evernote is amazing but I can't believe this is a terribly difficult fix to change how underlines (and italics) work and you seemed to suggest you knew it was on the development timeline?

Cheers

Vicky

• Level 5*

If you're still using Evernote you'll be aware of the current situation - although we were being told the Editor was being looked at,  and things like bullets and listings have improved,  what you currently see is all there is.  More might still be in the pipeline,  but Evernote haven't commented further.  Regardless of the technical difficulty or otherwise of changes,  each new feature needs to roll out to 1M+ users across several different OS's so involves a lot of planning and preparation...

Your only saving grace for the present may be that if you copy and paste from a note to Word or Publisher,  your text should maintain its formatting.  If you keep your future notes directly in a word processor file attached to a note you'll still have full access,  you'll gain coherent printing features and it'll be less painfull to generate your portfolio in future.

• 6 months later...

This is particularly an issue when printing meeting agendas created in Evernote, then saved in Evernote. Not all attendees are paperless. The ones that require a paper copy get this instead of this. The workaround copy paste to Word or similar sure works, but it seems ridiculous. If Evernote is going to maintain their business customers they are going to have to compete with OneNote, which doesn't have this issue.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Interesting that I started this port 3 years ago exactly ... and Evernote 6 for Windows still has the same problems!

Today, I printed out an 11 page note that required some editing. I had to manually add page numbers on it so that I wouldn't lose my place. Is this 1976 or 2016?

A friend who uses OneNote says I should move over. But, except for this page note in the footer thing, I really like Evernote!

• Level 5*
43 minutes ago, johnm243 said:

Interesting that I started this port 3 years ago exactly ... and Evernote 6 for Windows still has the same problems!

Today, I printed out an 11 page note that required some editing. I had to manually add page numbers on it so that I wouldn't lose my place. Is this 1976 or 2016?

A friend who uses OneNote says I should move over. But, except for this page note in the footer thing, I really like Evernote!

Printing on the Mac isn't that great either.

Have you considered that this isn't the right tool for a 11 page note.  
In fact, Evernote doesn't even use a page concept.  

For something that extensive, I would be using a dedicated Word Processing app.
This doesn't bother me; I value Evernote more for its organization features than its editor.

Archived