(Archived) Attachment edits are not updated if EN is closed before saving attachment

rkapoor

Here's the scenario ..

1) Create a new note

2) Attach an excel file (Test.xlsx) to the note

3) Open excel file and make some changes

4) Close EVERNOTE by clicking on X

5) Close and save excel file

6) Open the note and excel attachment -  your changes are lost and the file name changes to "Test[1].xlsx". (The original file is available in ..\Evernote\Database\Attachments)

If I reverse the order of step 4 & 5 (Step 5 first and then step 4), then it works fine.

It is very easy to closed Evernote window first and then close/save the excel file resulting in lost updates.

Has anybody else seen this issue?

Thanks

Rajesh

I have seen this before, but I think the circumstances for me were different.

It makes sense though...Evernote has to open and track the file, waiting for it to be saved/closed. If Evernote isn't around to do that, how is it expected to update the file?

I have seen this before, but I think the circumstances for me were different.

It makes sense though...Evernote has to open and track the file, waiting for it to be saved/closed. If Evernote isn't around to do that, how is it expected to update the file?

Even when Evernote is closed, there are two processes "Evernoteclipper.exe" & "EvernoteTray.exe" that are still running. The only process that is killed is "Evernote.exe", which I understand is the master process required for evernote to function. It will be nice if Evernote gave a warning message for any open attachments. 

Anyway I will be more careful and save attachments before closing Evernote.

Thanks for your response(s).

Archived