(Archived) Past audionote files remain undeleted in Android app

New Daddy

While trying to find the cause for ever-shrinking memory on my SD card, I discovered that the past audionote files (.AMR files) that I have deleted in the server remain undeleted in the Android app. They are located in the /MNT/SDCard/Evernote/user-******/unsaved_notes folder.  Why weren't they deleted during syncing? Is there a quick way to perform a real, forced sync that will clear all the files in my smartphone that don't exist in the server?

• Level 5*

Did you try ~Settings ~Search & Storage ~Clear Cache?  This "unsaved notes" folder though suggests changes may still be outstanding rather than this being a lost remainder of some previous session.  If you're sure nothing stored in that folder is required,  why not just wipe it direct and keep an eye on it on future?  If files are being stored for no reason it's worth a support ticket if it happens again.

Did you try ~Settings ~Search & Storage ~Clear Cache?  This "unsaved notes" folder though suggests changes may still be outstanding rather than this being a lost remainder of some previous session.  If you're sure nothing stored in that folder is required,  why not just wipe it direct and keep an eye on it on future?  If files are being stored for no reason it's worth a support ticket if it happens again.

Settings - Search & Storage - Clear Cache didn't help.  A closer look an the folder reveals that it's not just audionotes (.AMR) files but also photos (.JPG) that are stored in that folder.

I'm a little hesitant to delete that folder entirely, because, although the vast majority are past files that no longer exist on the server (or my Evernote for Desktop), some belong to notes that still remain on the server. 

Is there a way to force-sync the mobile device with the server? Some cloud-based syncing services allow that.

• Level 5*

Are you not syncing already?

The Evernote Android client does allow you to force sync. You should be able to do it from the dropdown menu at the far right of the green Evernote toolbar, or from the main panel, which has your account name, buttons to create notes, etc. (see the pic here).

Are you not syncing already?

The Evernote Android client does allow you to force sync. You should be able to do it from the dropdown menu at the far right of the green Evernote toolbar, or from the main panel, which has your account name, buttons to create notes, etc. (see the pic here).

I didn't say it right. Yes, my phone does sync.

What I would like to do is overwrite the local data with the server data. 

Archived