(Archived) Note Template

LightingPete

Idea

Is it possible to have a note template available?

I do a lot of gigs as a musician and put all the pertinent data into a table within a note. it would be really useful if I could have a template that reproduces this each time I select a 'new gig note' for example.

Many Thanks

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Is it possible to have a note template available?

I do a lot of gigs as a musician and put all the pertinent data into a table within a note. it would be really useful if I could have a template that reproduces this each time I select a 'new gig note' for example.

Many Thanks

Hi. There are no template features. However, there are several possibilities available with the tools we have. I made templates for all the major kinds of notes I write, and put those into my shortcuts. I go there, copy the content, and paste it into a new note. 

Alternatively, you could create dozens of templates for a note, put it into a template notebook, and whenever you needed one, just change the notebook location. 

I have some templates I used to use online (http://www.princeton.edu/~cmayo/template.html). You might also want to check out KustomNote (http://www.kustomnote.com). 

You can also use TextExpander to make templates which is how i do it. Jamie Rubin has a nice article on his blog about using TextExpander for templates in Evernote.

Like him, I build the template within TextExpander, assign a unique keyword, and then — whoosh! — my templates magically appear in Evernote when I type in the word. They can even be modified to automatically fill in the date or time. Jamie uses the examples of phone conversation and meeting notes. I use mine for taking notes from books for work, writing book reviews, journal entries, project ideas, even recipe cards.

Just an alternative suggestion.

Archived