(Archived) Clipping the screen to evernote - Web Version

musicman88

I use Evernote at work (from a personal account) but am not allowed to install 'unapproved' software so I use the web version. I would dearly love to be able to use the screen clipper and have the images sent to the web version of evernote. I have not found a way to do so.

Can anyone offer advice?

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.

There's a browser add-in,  or you could 'send' pages by email to your account email address with additional @notebook #tag instructions in the title.  (NB both notebooks and tags referenced this way have to exist - you can't create new.)

You could also 'print' pages to PDF and forward them by email - depending on your OS and browser,  sending the page by email might just get you the link.

Thank you Gazumped, but I don't want to clip a web page. I want to be able to clip a portion of the Windows screen (like you can with the installed version of Evernote), but without having to install Evernote. Is there a screen clipping application I can use that will send the clips to my Evernote account?

• Level 5*

Ah.  Sorry.  There's a 'snipping tool' built in to some versions of Windows that will do the job - but if that's not already available I can see the problem.  Or you should be able to snapshot the whole screen with Shift-PrtScn.  Save the clipboard via a graphics package or your inbuilt WP software and you should be able to email from there..

Archived