(Archived) Early Edition 2 unable to share

Hi ancil and welcome to the forum,

I am guessing that you need to re set your password as per lots of information on the forum due to a potential security problem a couple of months ago.

However, I am not sure what sort of problems you might have upgrading from version 2 at the same time.

I would suggest you back up your data before proceeding. Again search for backing up for your particular computer and there is lots of information available.

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5*

I use Early Edition 2 app and when I try to share an article to Evernote, it says my username and password does not match. When I know it is entered in correctly.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Could you specify what you mean by early edition 2? If we are talking about the Mac, you are running software from about three years ago, and it had shared notebooks, but I wouldn't be surprised if the March hacking incident has required a password change that needs a little help from customer support (see my signature). After all, there are probably few people even at Evernote who are familiar with your software!

I am guessing, though, that you are on Evernote 2 for Windows, which (if I recall correctly) did not have shared notebooks. I could be wrong. In either case (Mac or Windows), I recommend upgrading. Just doing that would probably solve the problem.

• Level 5*

Thanks for the quick replies, I should have specified, it is an app for the iPad. I haven't contacted them yet since I knew of the earlier password issue with evernote, which I did reset. But I know my password so not sure why this app is sayi g the password does not match.

When I get home from work I can attach a screen pic.

http://www.glasshouseapps.com/the-early-edition/

Hi. I see. That is really old as well. I'm guessing that it will still be best to contact support, especially since you have an ancient version of the app. We're on Version 5 right now :)

Thanks for the quick replies, I should have specified, it is an app for the iPad. I haven't contacted them yet since I knew of the earlier password issue with evernote, which I did reset. But I know my password so not sure why this app is sayi g the password does not match.

When I get home from work I can attach a screen pic.

http://www.glasshouseapps.com/the-early-edition/

If you can log into the Evernote web client & are certain the third party app has your new/current login credentials, then it would seem it's an issue for the third party app devs. 

I submitted a help ticket with Early Edition.  The application support suggested earlier the app is not shown and I cannot make it shown, agree sounds like the third app developer issue.

Thanks again and I will update thread once fixed for searching later for other people.

Andy

Archived