(Archived) Best way to use Tab

Hi all, I have been using evernote for long time. One thing is always annoying me is that all tabs inserted in windows evernote application are aways gone after the note is edited in mobile apps and save.

To temporary solve this problem i use the following when editing in windows:

Why i use evernote?

.    easy to use

.    user friendly

(space above are TAB character)

But they look like the below in mobile again when edit

Why i use evernote?

. easy to use

. user friendly

I found the indent button is not useful because it could not do some thing like this:

Why i use evernote?

Easy to use

no need to learn

what you see is what you get

User friendly

best for dummy...

How can i indent my article in my own way?? 

I finally use this dummy solution...

Why i use evernote?

....Easy to use

........no need to learn

........what you see is what you get

....User friendly

........best for dummy...  :( yes...im dummy now....

• Level 5*

Hi. I am afraid the Tab button has been a source of inconsistent behavior. My solution has been to use four spaces instead of tabs. The following list looks OK in Evernote and works fine with Markdown.

There are spaces in the list below. I swear! But, our forum won't display them :)

# LIST

- Level 1

- Level 2

- Level 3

- Level 1

Hi. I am afraid the Tab button has been a source of inconsistent behavior. My solution has been to use four spaces instead of tabs. The following list looks OK in Evernote and works fine with Markdown.

There are spaces in the list below. I swear! But, our forum won't display them :)

# LIST

- Level 1

- Level 2

- Level 3

- Level 1

As I said in previous post, tab created in windows version evernote has been replaced by 1 space character. I wrote a test below:

←A (1 TAB)

.    ←A (1 TAB)

←A (5 SPACE)

.     ←A (5 SPACE)

Resut:

←A

. ←A

←A

. ←A

• Level 5*

# LIST

- Level 1

- Level 2

- Level 3

- Level 1

As I said in previous post, tab created in windows version evernote has been replaced by 1 space character. I wrote a test below:

←A (1 TAB)

.    ←A (1 TAB)

←A (5 SPACE)

.     ←A (5 SPACE)

Resut:

←A

. ←A

←A

. ←A

I think I understand what you are saying. My solution was to use four spaces instead of a tab. The tab works inconsistently elsewhere as well, and more importantly (for me) does not carry over into plain text.

In other words, my solution to Tab problems is not to use Tab :)

# LIST

- Level 1

- Level 2

- Level 3

- Level 1

←A (1 TAB)

.    ←A (1 TAB)

←A (5 SPACE)

.     ←A (5 SPACE)

Resut:

←A

. ←A

←A

. ←A

I think I understand what you are saying. My solution was to use four spaces instead of a tab. The tab works inconsistently elsewhere as well, and more importantly (for me) does not carry over into plain text.

OMG....That's why I am trying the dummy solution

.....Level 1

...........Level 2

.....Level A

...........Level B

:blush: Or simply don't edit in mobile....

• Level 5*

# LIST

- Level 1

- Level 2

- Level 3

- Level 1

←A (1 TAB)

.    ←A (1 TAB)

←A (5 SPACE)

.     ←A (5 SPACE)

Resut:

←A

. ←A

←A

. ←A

OMG....That's why I am trying the dummy solution

.....Level 1

...........Level 2

.....Level A

...........Level B

:blush: Or simply don't edit in mobile....

Yes. Mine is a dumby solution with fewer spaces, and if you use the dash (-), then when you copy/paste into an app that can handle markdown, your plain text is magically transformed into a beautifully formatted page. If Evernote had Markdown support (I doubt this will be put on the roadmap anytime soon, but I hope for it nonetheless), then the spaces and dashes might not seem quite so dumb :)

Anyhow, as I said, the Tab function is inconsistent across platforms, and it is a good idea (in my opinion) to stick with the low tech approach.

Archived