High fail rate of notes emailed to my account

I have recently experienced a high rate of failure when emailing notes to my account. I use the email feature multiple times each day and until recently it always worked perfectly. However I've recently begun to receive more and more of these fail responses:

---------

Evernote was unable to submit your note for the following reason:

Emailed note was received, but an internal error occured while processing it. This may be because the note/email is broken, or due to some other factor. Please try sending the note again later.

---------

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know of any causes that I might be able to fix? Thanks.

• Level 5*

Obvious question,  but has anything changed about your mail system recently?  I think this is one for support,  since they'll presumably be able to see what was causing the hiccup from the server side.  Could you try sending the same email via different systems?  Outlook vs Gmail forinstance?  Or at different times - keep on plugging away with one email until it is accepted in case there's a queue at the receiving end.

• 4 weeks later...

James,

If you are consistently having trouble with a particular email and can reduce it to a simple and share-able test case I wouldn't mind taking a look and seeing if I can identify the source of the failures. Send me a message and we can figure out the best way to transfer your test case.

Thanks,

-- Tom

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I have this exact same problem, however, it's from mac mail, sent with a rule.  If I put my evernote address manually in the field, then hit send, it goes fine.  However, if I set up a rule to send it (same exact everything) it gets kicked back.  Open to suggestions!

I have this exact same problem, however, it's from mac mail, sent with a rule.  If I put my evernote address manually in the field, then hit send, it goes fine.  However, if I set up a rule to send it (same exact everything) it gets kicked back.  Open to suggestions!

Can you explain what this rule is exactly?

Very simple rule using Mac Mail and Mail Act-on.   "CTRL E" should forward the note to my evernote email account, then it files the email into an archive folder.  That's it.  If I just send an email, it works fine, however, if I invoke the rule - the email sends, but then gets kicked back.....

Archived