My US Evernote - Can I Access it from China?

I will be in China for a month. I need the info on my US Evernote account. Here it is on an iPhone, there I want to install it on an Android phone. Will I be able to access my info on the Chinese Cell Phone? Any work around if necessary? Thanks for the help.

• Level 5*

I will be in China for a month. I need the info on my US Evernote account. Here it is on an iPhone, there I want to install it on an Android phone. Will I be able to access my info on the Chinese Cell Phone? Any work around if necessary? Thanks for the help.

Hi. You should not have any problems accessing your Evernote account from China, though I wouldn't be surprised if the connection is a little slower. Then again, China regularly blocks access to sites. I have not heard of China ever blocking access to Evernote, but I suppose nothing is guaranteed. If you are going on a trip anywhere (not just China, but to any place away from your home wifi connection / cell-phone network), my recommendation would be to purchase a month of Premium ($5) and this will give you the ability to download all of your notes offline onto your Android device.
  • Level 5*

..but beware that downloading your database presupposes that you have enough spare storage to hold the information.  If you have a large database of notes it may be necessary to be selective in which notebooks you choose to be offline,  or indeed to create a new notebook and move relevant notes into that notebook for the duration of your trip.  If you do decide to download notes to your Android device you may need to allow some days for a large notebook to sync completely - don't try to set this up the night before you leave!

• 1 year later...

Archived