(Archived) Euro sign?

Mike29

Is there a quick way of inserting a euro sign into a note?

MS office apps have the CTRL-ALT-E shortcut, but I haven't found anything similar for evernote, and I'm not aware of anything OS wide that works both on Win7 and WinXP (desktop/laptop) either.

• Level 5

Hi and welcome to the forums !

The € (Euro) key depends on your operating system and the language. I am working on a German keyboard and it is ALT (right of the spacebar) + E

Assuming you are NOT on a German keyboard, try the following:

• Hold down the Alt key which is to the right of the spacebar, then hit 4 which is typically also where the dollar $ symbol is.
  • If the above tip does not work, try the next one. Again, hold down the Alt key (could be left or right from the spacebar) and then on your numeric keypad, type 0128 and then release your Alt key.
That should do the trick.
Wern

I'm on the default "US international" one. Forgot about the ascii table, but that's only slightly faster than copypasting from somewhere else... If there really aren't any current euro sign shortcuts, what would be the best place to do a feature request?

• Level 5*

I'm on the default "US international" one. Forgot about the ascii table, but that's only slightly faster than copypasting from somewhere else... If there really aren't any current euro sign shortcuts, what would be the best place to do a feature request?

Posting here is fine. Evernote staff do read every post.

Fingers crossed then. I've only just started using evernote (gnotes and the exchange 'note' function before that), but when doing mundane shopping lists it does tend to get a bit tedious :)

• Level 5*

Flip side is that Evernote has a lot on their collective plate, and changes can come slowly (if at all), even seemingly simple ones.

For simple shopping lists, I'd just make a template shopping list prototype note with the Euro sign in it, and then just use the Copy Note functionality to start a new shopping list.

Archived