(Archived) How to find NOTEBOOK_GUID

BOPOHOK

I am using Tasker Application for Android, which allows to send action intents to application.

I am trying to create new Note and put it to a specific existing notebook.

I use CREATE_NEW_NOTE functionality and documentation states that NOTEBOOK_GUID extra is needed to assign a notebook. I searched the web, and mostly developers create their own notebook, and then notebook_guid is returned that way.

Is it possible somehow to see notebook_guids for existing notebooks? With Android's intents it is not possible as far as I can see..

Thank in advance for any help.

Dmitrij

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Because I've had to visit this forum many times to find the link to the article htnawsaj posted that describes how to find the GUID, and did it wrong enough times to get frustrated, I figured I'd be a pal and write the procedure down in this discussion for future reference.

To find a the GUID of a notebook:

1. Sign in to Evernote.com.
  2. Select the notebook you want the GUID for.
  3. The GUID of the notebook is in the URL, typically after "Home.action#b=" and stops at "&st" and is a combination of alpha and numeric characters and dashes.
  4. To verify the string is the notebook GUID, click between two notes and take note of the within the same notebook and take note to compare the URL of each.

The GUID will remain the same when you click between the two notes in the same notebook. If it's hard to view the entire string, it helps to open the two notes you're comparing in two separate windows or paste the URLs in a text file for easier comparison.

All credit for this solution goes to htnawsaj and the great article posted on their completely freaking awesome Tumblr.

Because I've had to visit this forum many times to find the link to the article htnawsaj posted that describes how to find the GUID, and did it wrong enough times to get frustrated, I figured I'd be a pal and write the procedure down in this discussion for future reference.

To find a the GUID of a notebook:

1. Sign in to Evernote.com.
  2. Select the notebook you want the GUID for.
  3. The GUID of the notebook is in the URL, typically after "Home.action#b=" and stops at "&st" and is a combination of alpha and numeric characters and dashes.
  4. To verify the string is the notebook GUID, click between two notes and take note of the within the same notebook and take note to compare the URL of each.

The GUID will remain the same when you click between the two notes in the same notebook. If it's hard to view the entire string, it helps to open the two notes you're comparing in two separate windows or paste the URLs in a text file for easier comparison.

All credit for this solution goes to htnawsaj and the great article posted on their completely freaking awesome Tumblr.

Thanks for updating steps here and glad it helped you

Archived