Stitching Skitch images together

will_lam

Idea

Hey all!

I don't know if this has been brought up before as I couldn't find the topic in the skitch area of the forums, but here's my use case:

So I'm learning Rails right now and I'm noticing that I'm taking screenshots of code snippets and annotating them to review later on to reinforce what I'm learning.  However, I find the limitation with skitch being that I can't stitch two images together to show the cause and effect of one code snippet on another and how they work together to arrive at an end result.

Is there anything that's in the works for something like this?

Thanks!

Will

18 replies to this idea

14 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You should be posting this as a separate topic - this discussion is a request for stitching images together

afaik  Skitch is still a standalone app; I use it on my Mac

Yes it's still a standalone app, but isn't there a lack of support for it anymore?

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, macneilpi said:

Now that Skitch itself as a standalone app is no longer, I'm hoping we will see this integrated into Evernote for Mac OS and iOS. 

You should be posting this as a separate topic - this discussion is a request for stitching images together

afaik  Skitch is still a standalone app; I use it on my Mac

+1 from me. I just discovered Skitch. It is excellent. I use it often. 

PLEASE let me collect Skitches so I can generate quick SOPs, troubleshooting steps, GO/NO-GO directions, etc.

Right now I bounce between Skitch and Inkscape and it's super clumsy.

@will_lam - Thanks for the idea. We've had similar ones get proposed in the past. The idea of having multiple images in a single Skitch Note is one we're investigating (I"m looking at some concepts for this right now), and it is a feature we'd like to create in a future version of Skitch. 

Archived