(Archived) Some Odd Behavior Clipping PDFs:

TGEater

For the most part, I use Chrome, so I'm not sure if this issue is just related to the Chrome Browser.

When I clip a PDF page, the PDF goes into Evernote with some weird long file name with an unknown extension.  If you only use the built in Evernote PDF viewer, you'd never notice a difference.

The problem is when you try to launch the PDF file from Evernote into Acrobat.  Because the file extension is tweaked, Windows doesn't know what program to use to launch the file. Because the file extensions are so random, you get prompted by Windows about which program to use to launch the file on most or all of the Web Clipped pdfs.

It's only a bummer if you use Evernote to store a lot of PDFs and you take advantage of the fact that when a file launches from Evernote and gets edited, the edited version is what get into your Evernote database.

I'm going to see if this happens in other browsers, but for now, you might want to be aware of the issue if you use evernote to store and edit a lot of PDFs that you clip.

I've attached a snapshot of the prompt from Windows I get every time I launch a clipped pdf . . . 

post-124215-0-09631800-1365950533_thumb.

Archived