Uncheck boxes in Mac

Hello,

Is it possible to uncheck all boxes in Mac (without having to uncheck them individually)?

I've searched the forums and see that this is possible in Windows, but haven't found the answer for Mac.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I've discovered a workaround for this. If your note with check boxes is too complex it might not work, but it works for the simple case I need:

- select all the check boxes; for a note that is just a long list of check boxes (which is the case for me) simply do a Select All

- click the check box icon above the note; this makes all the lines no longer be check boxes

- click it again; now they're check boxes again, but none of them is checked

Hello,

Is it possible to uncheck all boxes in Mac (without having to uncheck them individually)?

I've searched the forums and see that this is possible in Windows, but haven't found the answer for Mac.

Thank you!

Hi Olivia,

I also found the same shortcut as dfm, which is to remove and then reinsert the checkboxes for an easy way to uncheck them.

What was the possible method you found for Windows? :) I can't seem to find it...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've discovered a workaround for this. If your note with check boxes is too complex it might not work, but it works for the simple case I need:

- select all the check boxes; for a note that is just a long list of check boxes (which is the case for me) simply do a Select All

- click the check box icon above the note; this makes all the lines no longer be check boxes

- click it again; now they're check boxes again, but none of them is checked

This works brilliantly for my packing list!

• 1 year later...

dfm, great suggestion... thank you!

Another workaround is to adjust your process. The first time I go through a list, I check all boxes. The next time I go through the list, I uncheck all boxes. I simply alternate between checking and unchecking. Not an elegant solution, but I do find it effective.

-mark

Archived