(Archived) Combining Evernote Notebooks

hschwartz

I've been running into the serious problem of finding EN information scattered in various notebooks. I want to combine everything into one notebook. How can this be done? Also, when the list of notebooks is shown, why isn't there an option called ALL? I've been using EN many years, know lots of tricks, but not the elementary one of moving info from other notebooks into the primary one. I'll appreciate any help on this.Thanks.

I've been running into the serious problem of finding EN information scattered in various notebooks. I want to combine everything into one notebook. How can this be done? Also, when the list of notebooks is shown, why isn't there an option called ALL? I've been using EN many years, know lots of tricks, but not the elementary one of moving info from other notebooks into the primary one. I'll appreciate any help on this.Thanks.

To move a note to another notebook, you select the note(s) & drag them to the desired notebook.  Or you can change individually in the note meta data (drop down box).  Or right click notes & move.  All these options work.

As to your second question, the "all my notes" option at the top does just that - shows all your notes regardless of what notebook they are in. 

• Level 5*

In the Windows client, it's not too hard. Select all of your notes (or all of the ones that you want to move to the target notebook). You should see a multi-select panel over where you would normally see/edit the singly selected note. From there, you can use the "Move to notebook" selector to move them all to the destination notebook.

Archived