Win 8: how to print notes?

Evernote 5 - the only menu I see is 3 items - all notes - notebooks - tags.

I can find no "file" menu nor can I find any way to print?

I am a new windows 8 user so I am rather unsure of what is Evernote problem - my ignorance - or windows 8.

Bottom line I am unhappy doing cut and paste everytime I want to print and am frustrated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't see any "Print" commands within Evernote Touch (the same can be said for a lot of the "Metro" apps to be honest).

A workaround I just discovered is to use the Share option to send the note to Mail, send the generated email to yourself, then print it from the Mail app. 

• 2 months later...

I hate Windows 8, maybe because I don't have a touch-enabled laptop. I couldn't find a print function in the Evernote for Windows 8 touch. I downloaded the Windows 8 desktop version of Evernote - the non-touch version. Now I can print.

Generally, I ignore the seductive apps in Windows 8. I go to the desktop and use things the old-fashioned way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

This is a complete buzz killer. Cannot believe that you cannot print in Windows 8 touch version - really, what was the logic behind that decision? 

If you can print, I am having a hard time with it as it not very intuitive. 

Like the idea of downloading the older desktop version but this seems be moving backwards for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

print is very basic function.

this is very frustrating.

Often you need hard copy to use info trapped in evernote.

i was a power evernote user, but more and more see limitations in basic functionality to extract and use info.

xoxoxo

- a former paying fan of evernote

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 23/02/2016 at 1:54 PM, Andrew K said:

Can anyone solve this problem - I have so much stuff in Evernote that I need to print or email - there appears not to be any option in this app?

Do none of the suggestions so far help you out?

Thanks I tried

"I print by right clicking inside the note, Select All, right click again, and select Print" - there is no print option for me, only copy...

"Get the Devices charm (Win-C, Devices) and select PRINT." Gave an error message saying that this app does not print.

I use the web site. Frustrating, but I cannot see any other way to print or email.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

OK Austin G, I did what you said, but it won't print my check boxes.  That is the most important part!  I also tried cutting out and pasting into MS Word and it also omits the check boxes.  This is very frustrating.  I have a new desktop and am on Windows 10.  I never have these problems on Windows 7.  When will it be fixed?

Archived