chastaz3

mac (Archived) AUTOMATIC SYNC PREFERENCE NOT WORKING ON MAC

04-05-13

Although I have the sync preference set to sync every 5 minutes, it never syncs unless I actually hit the sync button manually.  Anyone having the same issue?  I'm running Evernote 5.0.7 on Macbook Air OSX 10.8.3 and I have 18,000 notes.  Do you think it's a function of the sheer quantity of notes?

I doubt it's related to the number of notes, but you might try creating another account and seeing if that works. Either way, we've noticed some issues with automatic syncing related to machines going to sleep and waking up repeatedly. Could this be related?

I'm having precisely the same issue described above.  I'm not sure how to respond to the response from Evernote.  How do you define "sleep and wake up repeatedly."  My Mac does sleep often... but I'm not sure I'd call it "repeatedly."  Is there something in the works to correct this?

I have the exact same issue. It appears not everybody ran into this problem. I am wondering why it happens to this specific group of us and whether there is any workaround before you release a new version of Mac Evernote.

This issue should be fixed in our next release. For the time being, you can restart Evernote and it should start auto-syncing again.

I have the same issue and i've lost notes several times because of it.

when i open the app on my iphone the app decides to sync to the server the old version of a note - which is very frustrating.  You can't fix this problem soon enough!  

Thanks.