(Archived) Evernote 5 for Android will not sync

DisplacedHoser

I just downloaded Evernote 5 for Android to my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and it is currently useless. I'm logged into my account, and the synchronization for that account is going fine on my Macs. But it keeps giving me a message of "Last sync failed at:" [date and time], and no notes or notebooks appear. If I push the sync button it says "Sync started" but then I get the failure message again. I can't even create a test note because it says "Create note error: Please wait until the notebook is synced to the device". I can't send an activity log because the page about doing that doesn't give me any instructions for how to do that on Android. Please help.

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums. The sync process on an Android tends to be slower than via the internet. You may have to be a little more patient while the Nexus goes through its network service provider. You can set it to sync only via wi-fi (see Evernote settings). The same route into settings has a Support link which will help you submit your logs.

Hi - welcome to the forums. The sync process on an Android tends to be slower than via the internet. You may have to be a little more patient while the Nexus goes through its network service provider. You can set it to sync only via wi-fi (see Evernote settings). The same route into settings has a Support link which will help you submit your logs.

Thanks for the welcome. This is definitely not the issue. I've waited for days and it still hasn't synced, and each time it gives me teh failure message. And nothing like this happened on the previous version of Evernote.

• Level 5*

Sounds like a case for Support - see the link below.  Did you find the settings tab and the 'submit logs' option? 

If you've not already done so, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the app with a fresh download to see if that jump starts anything.

• Level 5*

I've got the same error with DisplacedHoser, I'm sure that it's not about the internet. My android version is 4.1.2. Any idea would be appreciated.

Sounds like a case for Support - see the link below.  Did you find the settings tab and the 'submit logs' option? 

If you've not already done so, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the app with a fresh download to see if that jump starts anything.

• 6 months later...

Hi there. I just updated the evernote desktop part to 5.0 and for a while it wouldn't sync giving me the message that the evernote server could not be reached. Check the firewall and antivirus. As soon as I allowed Evernote on the Norton Firewall I synch in a sec. Hope that helps.

Archived